His Mate....Eighteen

When Adriannah go to the Protectors' cemetery, everything was a sea of depression and rain. Cole came up to her, his hair and uniform soaked.

"You were Andrew's student after the academy, right?" He asked.

"Yes, but their was also Chayden Steele." I answered, "Why does that matter?"

"Okay so you don't know the Mentor's code." He looked over his shoulder, then back at her. 

"What code?" Adriannah was getting more pissed then she already was. 

"When a mentor dies his students or in this case student takes his or her rank." 

"What you are saying is that I get Andrew's First Order rank?" She began to walk towards the other uniformed Protector's.

"That's the code." 

Before she could get another word out, her eyes met Sway's, he was standing next to his uncle. Dressed in a First Order uniform, Adriannah smiled wickedly to herself and took her spot next to Cole.

"Jayne's family decided to cremate her and the baby, their urns are in the coffin with Andrew's." Cole whispered, as Abraham Fredrick talked about loyalty, family and truth. Adriannah just rolled her eyes. "You will have to make a speech, with blood. You know how to do that, right?" 

"Yeah, I have seen it a couple of times at academy." She shrugged. "Do I have to get the tattoos like theirs too?"

"Yes, but that is if you take the position." 

Bloody hell I am.

 "Attention!" Cole shouted as soon as Fredrick was done with his speech, every Protector stood at attention, their right hands were over their hearts in a fist. Cole relaxed and faced Adriannah. "The student and cousin of the fallen." 

Adriannah stared directly at the six foot deep hole that held their coffin in front of her and walked to steps ahead. 

"To our brother, Andrew James, to our sister Jayne Martin James and the unborn infant. Who were slain in cold blood, we pray that their souls are avenged." Her eyes shot straight to Sway. "Today, here, we pray for their souls to walk in the shadows and find peace among it."  She walked up to the hole and tried so hard not to look down into it. 

"May they be protected in the shadows." She took one of her daggers out and raised it to her palm, cutting a deep enough cut to allow blood to flow. "May they be in our hearts as loved one and comrades." She clinched her fist over the grave letting a few drops of blood drip.

"I, Adriannah Alix Bradley James," She glared at Sway. "Walk into the path my cousin and mentor Andrew James taught me in, I, accept the title First Order of the England Protectors. I will take full responsibility of my fellow fighter and duties." Taking a deep breath to calm her nerves, she faced the men and woman, Protectors that were now under her command. 

"May we all walk in the shadows...." She shouted and about faced, a smirk on her face as she felt Sway's deadly glare on her. 

"Where no one can harm us...." The others shouted back and saluted.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

The tattoo covered the middle of back, her right side and hip, half of it was on her left forearm and also from her right shoulder stopping right above her elbow. It burned like hell, why? Because vamp tattoos are made with vervain, ink and snake venom, which don't seem to blend good together. 

Biting down the pain Adriannah took deep breaths, after two hours her tattoo was finished. Before she could leave, the same messenger that in countered her in Evolution, blocked her way from the door.

"Want to get stabbed again?" She growled.

 "There is no need for violence." Sway said appearing behind his messenger. 

Grabbing her sharpest dagger, Adriannah stepped back and hissed. "Get away from me." She curled her lips, bearing her fangs.

"No need for the hostility." Sway chucked, "I only came here to pay my respects." 

"You murdered them." She growled. 

"Is that what you call it?" He laughed. "I refer it as a lesson learned."

"You're sick." Her wolf was now taking control, Adriannah's voice began to change.

"Sick, hardly." Sway walked over to the chair by the window and sat. "Jayne was very fun to play with. So much blood when I cut her limbs off and she took it like a warrior. Not a scream. So, I found no fun in that."  He shrugged. "So I made my messengers hold her down, while I ripped the little vampire out of her, I found the joy in that. Then her begging and cries got annoying and I got rid of her head and the child's. But Andrew it was too easy." 

Extreme rage, shook her body as she threw the dagger into Sway's chest and quickly killed his messenger at the door. Turning back to the bastard that had his knife in his chest, she stabbed another dagger in his stomach. 

"You will get your day." She dug the dagger deeper. "And you will die by my hands."

Sway laughed through his pain. "I would like to see you try." 

Twisting the blade in his chest she pulled it  out and walked out the door. "You will see." She growled and left.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

When Adriannah got home, she didn't break voice to Dean, who seemed like the world was on his shoulders. 

If only he knew.

Hours later, Dean found her in the dining room, drinking vodka right from the bottle. Her back was to him and through her sheer material shirt, her could see the artwork of her tattoos. Taking a risk to go up to her, Dean sat next to her and took her had in his.

"Adriannah?" He whispered.

She didn't answer, she just looked down.

"Adrie?" He used Eli's nickname for her.

She still didn't answer, all he saw was tears falling to the table. 

"I have failed them. Now I have declared war with Sway. No one is safe, near me." She finally said through sobs. "I think it is best for you to go and leave me alone." She looked up at Dean, before taking a drink from the vodka bottle in front of her. 

Grabbing the bottle from her hand, he pulled her into his arms and held her close. "I will not leave you, Sway has done harm to you and I can't stand to see you break under his sickening gaze." He pulled away to look at her and took her left hand in his.

"Adriannah, I know this isn't the best time, but I love you." 

"Dean, I..." She was cut off by his finger on her lips.

"Before you say anything, I am pledging myself to you, as your mate. I will stand by your side, no matter what hell throws at me. I will kill the devil, himself for you, if I have too." He got off the chair and knelt on one knee near her. "When you claimed me, my heart was given to you and I know you recently rejected me, but..." He slid the ring on her finger.

"Will you marry me?" 

Adriannah looked down at him, she didn't know what to do or say. Dispute what he has said to her, made her cry, but still wanted to help her. Tears ran down her cheeks as she leaned down and brought her lips to him.

"Yes." She whispered. Even though today was the worst day of her life, something good seemed to happen, however that wasn't going to last long, nothing that was happiness seemed to last long for her....