His Mate....Thirteen

“I don’t think you should eat the rest of that frosting.” Adriannah laughed as she cleaned Eli’s adorable chocolate covered face. “Come on lets go get you cleaned up before, you get more sticky.” She lifted him in her arms and exited the kitchen to the stairs; however she was blocked by Dean. “Eli, go up to your room and pick out a new outfit.” She set him down and watched him go up the stairs before turning to Dean. “What?”

“I know right now, you don’t even want to talk to me. But I found a lead to where your real family might be.” Dean said calmly. “I also made Bridge find out about your family background and your father; Kevin Bradley he is a born Morpherias, the official last one and Abraham Fredrick tried to over throw him a century ago for Finland.”

Adriannah almost had a heart attack when she remembered what he had said when he first saw her transform. It’s been over a century since I have seen the last shape shifting vampire.

 Walking to the stairs she sat down on the cold marble step, her head in her hands. Dean wanted to comfort her, although that wasn’t going to happen. “Your family resides in Wales for the moment. The biggest problem though is that part of werewolf town isn’t so welcoming to vampires.”

“But I am not a vampire.” She looked up, glaring.

“You look more like a vampire. Anyways if I go with you, which might help.” He shrugged.

“Will I be able to see them, today?” She asked glancing at her feet.

“I can arrange it.” He said walking away.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Adriannah sat quietly in the passenger seat of Dean’s silver Bentley Continental. She could feel the tension and heavy silence as they drove down the road. Dean on the other hand, keep his hands firmly on the steering wheel, he wanted so badly to touch her. He hadn’t been thinking straight since their horrible fight this morning.

Touch her, she might hate you and reject you as her mate. But let her know she loves you.

Easier said then done.

Dean glance over at her when they he stopped at a red light. His eyes traveled from her face, her hands that rested on her thighs to her crossed legs. Without thinking he reached out and took her hand in his. Shocked Adriannah pulled her hand away.

You know you miss that warmth of his touch.

Shut it okay, he broke my heart. He is no longer my mate.

Keep telling yourself that, girly. 

“Dean how sorry are you?” She asked staring down at her hands.

“Very, I didn’t mean what I said.” She could hear the pain in his voice. “It’s just that the wolf in me took control and it wasn’t really me talking it was my anger. When you told me what Sway ordered you to do, I listened to the wolf inside me.”

“Oh…” She turned to attention to the road in front of them. “Do you think they will know I am their child?”

“I don’t know. The only thing I have right now that would help is the copy of the files off your laptop.” He made a left turn then a right. “You also have a twin, which might help. You two might have a connection.”

Let’s hope….

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Dean stopped the car in front of a huge black gate. All of a sudden fear struck her. “Dean lets go back, I don’t think I am ready.”

Dean chuckled, “And this is coming from the same woman that beat my ass and my strongest wolf. And can talk publicly in front of a thousand vamps?”

“Well that’s different.” She said as the gate opened. “This is my real family that doesn’t even know I still walk on the Earth…”

“Take a deep breath and I will do all the talking. By the way out of curiosity, do you still hate me?”

“I not at the moment…” They stopped in front of a huge Gothic Victorian house that looked like it was built in the 1830s. Adriannah broke out into a cold sweat when a rather tall and very built man came walking up to the car. His head was bald and he looked scary.

Dean climbed out of the car and greeted the man. “Mr. Bradley, it’s been too long.” He looked up at him, damn the man was taller then Dean…

“Likewise, I hope your mother is well.” Even his voice was scary.

“Alive and still thinks she is the queen of England.” He laughed. “I have something you and your wife will not believe after nineteen years.” He handed Bradley the copies of Adriannah’s files. 

“Is this true?” He looked at Dean. “She’s alive?”

Dean nodded and watched to the passenger side of the car. “Mr. Bradley, here is your daughter, Adriannah Alix Bradley or as know as the heiress, Adriannah Alix James of the London vampires.” 

The Hybrid Series: His Mate.... {Book 1}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें