"This is great." And he smirked at me.

"I love this, more knights, more challenge." But I saw a minor trace of fear in his eyes.

"Dude, just saying it for your benefit, your dad , our dad and a whole lot other people tried getting in between them. It didn't do them any good."

Well , when did that happen? And as if my brain was giving me an answer I got a flash of place I knew was hell, the sharp pain and everything. And without even knowing a tear escaped my eyes.

When I opened my eyes I knew for sure I have been to hell but how was the real mystery.

The three guys in front of me were looking at me with concern, all hatred forgotten for a while.

"Freya?" Xander spoke up.

"I am fine. Your stupid fight is giving me stress." I tried to be the brave one here.

"I am leaving while you three can have a display of strength or whatever since my opinion obviously doesn't count here." I gave a look to Haylien which might have been good since he moved away immediately.

The pain in my head was bothering me and I was kind of worried of these flashes now.

All three of them looked shocked.

So for the fun of it I turned and looked at them, "and no need to 'drop me home' I have my own car."

And walked out of that place feeling like I just walked out of a closed wardrobe.

***

Monday morning in the school everyone was super excited for the bonfire and Tessa was talking animatedly about it. I had no mood whatsoever and was trying to think up of an excuse to not go. Exams were near and I wanted to do well since my mother was spending so much on my education here.

Escaping the possible troublemakers like Xander, Haylien and bad ones like Hailey and gang I sat down in the most hidden portion of the library with a lot of books and my notebook. I needed to make some quick notes to catch up with my work.

I didn't even study for fifteen minutes when I found Xander sitting right in front of me.

"I need to study," I said before he could try something to distract me.

He looked amused, "Did I say something?"

I huffed and starting writing in my book. He got up and sat down next to me. As much as I tried to act calm and cool , my heart started thudding lightly. I read lines in the book over and over again but it went straight over my head.

Suddenly he raised his fingers and brushed aside my hair from my face, behind my ear. Heat spread all over my face.

I turned to glare at him, weakly.

"What? I am just helping you focus here." Even his fake innocence was charming.

He bent down closer and lightly kissed the arch of my neck. The book fell down from my hand as I was literally in shock.

"I am trying to study here Xander." I was flustered.

He smirked as he was successful in making me blush.

"Fine, I will let you study but you have to promise me one thing." He said.

"Okay." I was curious and slightly worried.

"Come to the bonfire." I was so not in the mood.

I was going to refuse and use my mom as an excuse. For some reason Xander respected her.

Just then Hailey walked in and I tried to move away from a very close Xander. But he just gripped my hand in his as if declaring that I belonged to him.

Hailey' s eyes darkened but she quickly recovered and gave a sweet smile to Xander completely ignoring me.

"I organised the whole bonfire event for your basketball win, you will be there right?" She asked Xander.

"Of course." He said stiffly as if he had no other choice.

It was not like him to comply. As far as I could guess somehow his father was involved. He was the only person that could force Xander to do something he doesn't like.

And suddenly a completely new me took over and I looped my arm with Xander's and smiled a fake smile just like Hailey, "Of course, we will be there Hailey."

-------------------------------------------------

Bonfire coming up. Do you remember the last bonfire in Wings of Desire? :)

For those who don't, go refresh your memories because this is going to be crucial :D

Update delay because of bad health... so bear with me and mistakes. 

Comment and let me know, it encourages me a lot :)