Freya

I try to hide,

Away from him, from his eyes,

But he challenges me,

With a secret smile.

Freya

There was a new boy in school. And I knew it before girls started babbling about it. But the worst part was Tessa, the Queen of indifference was also talking about him.

Haylien Duvan was the new kid with a rich relative in town and moved here to escape a stalker, well that was what everyone told everyone around, some said he was here to get a new batch of girls, some said that he was kicked out of his last school. But I doubt it was the real story. I don't really know how he looked because we danced with our masks on but he was funny, I knew that much.

But the main worry was Alexander, he danced with me and didn't know who I was. I liked it to stay that way but avoiding him was impossible when he was in six of my eight classes and in chem., somehow I sit next to him. I deliberately pulled the stuff of my locker at a slow speed so that I can walk in the class, last minute and don't have any extra talks with him.

"Princess." A familiar voice greeted me.

Ah, so this is what he looks like.

And, gods, he was gorgeous with a hint of roguishness. He had an amazing pair of grey eyes which was unsettling with his brown hair just like Alexander's but he managed to make it look good. But he was nowhere near Alexander.

Shit, shit, shit. Where did this thought came from?

"Haylien." I greeted not bothering to add a good morning or anything.

And what is it with these boys calling me nicknames. It made me cringe.

"Help me out, I am new here." He was grinning at me.

I held back an eye roll.

"Look, there." I added extra enthusiasm in my voice.

Haylien immediately looked up in the pointed direction.

"What?" He asked a bit confused.

"Other nicer and prettier girls to show you around."

He chuckled at my words.

"I heard you are the helpful one."

"I am, I am just not in a good mood and I don't want you to associate with a bullied person. You might get yourself in trouble." I added sourly realising that I was being not helping and that was not good.

"In trouble with Alexander?" He laughed lightly like he can handle anything.

"I am a pro at handling him."

"You have known the guy for like a day Haylien"

"Let's just say, I am not scared of him."

"So, will you be my friend Princess?" He asked not like a joke but nicely.

"Yes, if we stop with the nickname."

"But that comes with friendship."

I groaned loudly and he chuckled.

"Why me?" I asked not sure he wants to be friends with me because he thought I was a stunning beauty on the day of dance.

"Because Freya Morenson it is super fun to fluster Alexander and also, you are a great person."

He made no sense what so ever. So I let the matter drop and not question him further. He was borderline insane. Can't he see the girls ogling him and leave me alone?