Bienvenidos!

I am so sorry for being gone so long! It's been busy, and I was really surprised to see all these reads. I'm so humbled.

So, hopefully this chapter is enough of an apology.

Enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------

Taraj

After getting rid of my roach friends and my lovely little sister, Niell and I were alone, at last. I had gotten dressed in casual clothing, like Niell suggested, and felt under dressed for meeting his family. 

"You look gorgeous, T, so no worries." He grinned, making roll my eyes. 

Niell needed to get ready himself, and I wasn't comfortable with going to his place, so we decided to meet at Maria's house. We kissed goodbye and I jumped into my car, pulling out as soon as he did.

I entered the address into my phone and followed it, taking my time. After 6 stoplights and countless horns, I made it to her house. I didn't see Niell's car, but there were about 7 cars parked in the driveway and along the curb. 

Big family, I thought as I parked on the opposite side of the road and climbed out. I hear loud music playing, and the laughter of children. I made my way to the front door, and ring the doorbell.

I was nervous, to say the least. Niell said he texted his brothers and Maria about me coming alone, but what if someone else answers the door? What if they think I'm a marketer and yell at me? 

An older man, about 40, with a fade and tattoos on his arms opened the door, "Que necesit- Oh, it's Niell's gordito." <No direct translation. Along the lines of 'big boy'>

Confused by the other language, I simply decided to introduce myself, "H-Hey, I'm Taraj a-" I was interrupted as the man smiled, "I know. Welcome, come in and grab something to eat." He moved from he entrance, "My name is Dominic, I'm Niell's uncle."

I walked in and was instantly hit with so many smells, not a single one displeasing. Dominic closed the door and headed further into the house, "C'mon, no need to be shy!"

I heeded his words and followed after him, praying I wouldn't embarrass Niell too much while I'm here. I was instantly greeted by Maria, who approached and hugged me tightly, "Hello, mi amor! I'm so glad you could make it!" I returned her hug, and we separated a moment later. 

"Thank you for having me, I really appreciate it." I told her, and she laughed, "No need to thank me. You're family, so you're welcome anytime!" She grabbed my hand, pulling me into the kitchen, where other people were busied with making and bring food outside.

"Here are Niell's cousins! There's Marissa, Aundrea, Liana..." Maria continued to introduce the women, but my mind couldn't help but fill with thoughts of Niell. I let out a dreamy sigh, and the laughter of Niell's cousins pulled me from my Niell-filled reverie.

"He's so cute!"

"Niell found himself quite a catch!"

The compliments continued, and I blushed, thanking them quietly. We all talked for a few moments later before a hand landed on my shoulder, "Taraj." I turned around to see Connor giving a slight smile, "More punctual than my brother, I see."

Trying to cover up the fact that he scared the hell out of me, I grinned, "Hey there, Connor. He's on his way, so I'll be out of your hai-" I was interrupted by a sudden hug from behind.

I couldn't help a girlish squeal, much to the amusement of my attacker. Layton burst into laughter, having to take deep breaths to calm himself, "Aw, did I scare you, Taraji?"