SOE?

Niell

I groaned as I got up slowly from the small couch in Taraj's living room. I would have slept with my boyfriend, but Oslo kept going on and on about 'no sex before marriage' until I got too annoyed to even stay in the room.

My boy better be a virgin this morning. His ass is mine.

"Good morning, rich man."

Hearing the feminine voice, I turned to see a high school girl standing next to me, looking into my eyes with a look I didn't like very much. Groaning, I sat up, "Who might you be?" She suddenly appeared offended, "Taraj didn't mention me?!"

"As I recall, no." 

She was gone in an instant, stomping up the stairs, her platinum blonde her bouncing as she went, "Taraj Ayodele Makena Akiziwe!! Get your ass up!" I decided to follow after her, though i was somewhat groggy.

We made it Taraj's room, and this girl simply burst through the door, "Why didn't you tell your boyfriend about me?!" 

Taraj, looked at her, "Oh, hey Emmy. I didn't tell him because t-" His eyes landed on my own, and his skin turned a cute tint of red. I smiled at him, "Morning, babe."

"G-Get out!" Raising a brow, I looked down to see he was shirtless. I gulped, his beautiful smooth skin luring me in like a fine piece of cuisine. Gently moving past this 'Emmy', I approached my boyfriend, pulling him into an embrace, "Good morning, Taraj." I said somewhat firmly, urging him to give me a response.

"G-Good morning, Niell."

I pulled away and looked down at him feigning hurt, "No pet name? I'm wounded."

He chuckled and stood on his tip-toes, "Good morning, hotness." He puckered his lips slightly, and I couldn't resist his offer. Leaning down, I gave him a light peck. The sweet moment was interrupted when dramatic groans cam from both sides.

"I swear, if I see one more kiss I'm gonna barf!" Said Olly.

"I want to go see my girlfriend now!"  Emmy shouted, pulling out her phone and texting her girlfriend, I'm guessing. 

A soft giggle brought my attention back to Taraj, who seemed to be over his shyness at his naked torso, "Sorry that Emmy woke you up. I was about to go downstairs and make breakfast."

I shook my head, "It's fine, I need to head home anyway since today is- Actually, do you want to come with me?"

"To where?"

"We're throwing a party for Maria, my brothers and a lot of my family will be there." I said, watching as nervousness came into his expression, "Will I be meeting your parents?"

"Not if I can help it. They aren't invited." I say, pretty sure disgust was showing on my face at the mere mention of my parents. Taraj raised a brow, and went to speak, but simply smiled, "Alright, I don't mind going."

I grinned at him, and laid a peck on his cheek. Emmy then tapped my shoulder, making me let go of Taraj and turn to face her.

"You won't be going anywhere with my bestie until we handle some business." She cracked her knuckles, trying to appear menacing. But it didn't help when she starting rubbing her hand in pain.

Raising a brow, I watched her for a moment, "What business?"

I looked to Taraj, only to receive a roll of his eyes. Oscar cleared his throat, "Well, we shall be conducting the SOE." 

"SOE?"

Emmy, seemingly over her finger pain, chuckled darkly, "The Significant Other Examination!" 

"What the hell?"

Taraj decided to speak, "They'll probably interrogate you about dumb stuff."

"Should I be worried?"

"Maybe... if you have bad intentions with my hermano." <brother> 

Feeling a bit of confidence, I simply smile while looking at the two teens who were so protective over my boyfriend, "I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have." 

"Alright, alright! How about you three go downstairs and I'll be down in a second? I'll make breakfast as you do the... Examination."

Emmy and Oscar rushed over to me, each one grabbing one of my wrist. Before I could protest,  I was dragged downstairs, and pushed onto the couch. The two troublemakers stood in front of me, dark gleams in the two pairs of eyes.

"Full name?" Spoke Emmy with a kind smile.

"Niell Xander McKing."

"Age."  Said Oscar, a more serious tone.

"25."

"Family?" Emmy said.

"By blood I have 2 estranged parents, and 2 younger brothers." I spoke, hoping they wouldn't stay on the subject.

With confused looks, they stared at me, "Estranged means I am not close to my parents."

"Oooooh." They both spoke in sync.

It continued on like that until my dear angel announced waffles were ready. As the teens ran to the kitchen, soft footsteps came down the stairs. Aziza and Oscar's younger sister rushed into the kitchen, with Aziza loudly greeting everyone.

I stood up and walked to the round breakfast table, where everyone was sitting. Emmy and Oscar sat on both sides of Taraj, and his little sister took her seat across from him. Her friend, Cassandra, I believe, sat in between Aziza and her brother.

Sighing, I sat between Aziza and Emmy, a hot plate of 4 waffles sitting in front of me. Everyone began to dig in, Cassandra and Oscar bowing their heads in prayer before joining in the feast.

I looked to Taraj, who had only 2 waffles on his plate, while everyone had 3 or more. I didn't ask about it, mostly because I was entranced in the cute faces he was making at me. I returned the favor, making Oscar raise a brow.

"Damn couples."

Taraj and I ignored his comment, and continued with our innocent flirting through the meal, making everyone leave the table in playful disgust.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry I'm so late with this!

I've been busy, since I'll be returning to school soon.  Sadly, I had lost interest in this chapter, so decided to make it short. Better short and sweet than long and shit, right?

Anyway, when school starts, I'll try my best to post when I'm able, so I hope everyone will stick around :)

Love you!

-En