Support Systems?

Niell

I sighed as I walked down to the lobby, my mind racing with thoughts of Taraj. I just couldn't handle it on my own anymore. 

God, why am I such a kid?

With a sigh, I left the building and called Connor. I was going to hang up after the 2nd ring, but his fairly monotone voice reached my ears.

"Niell? What's up?"

I sighed in relief, "Hey, are you free? I really need to talk to you."

There was silence. I listened closely, and jumped at the the fairly loud thump from the other side. Connor's voice came back, "Sorry. I had to take care of a... nuisance." 

I chuckled, "Teenagers got caught in the janitor's closet again?"

He hesitated, "Something like that. Anyway, I'm free now. Hendrix in 15?" He asked, as if he could read my mind.

Of course, he's always been like that. 

"Sure. I'll meet you there." 

We exchanged farewells, and I climbed into my silver Corvette Z06. I had to calm myself once more before pulling out of the parking lot and driving over to Hendrix.

Hendrix was a old-fashioned diner joint that's been around since I was a kid. Maria would take us there whenever we got good grades. The three of us still go when we have the chance.

I pulled up, and climbed out quickly, and grinned at by little brother's silver Buick CTS-V. I entered Hendrix and was greeted by Arjana, who has worked here for years.

"Oh, hey, Neill." She grinned.

I smiled back, "Hey, Jana. How are the kids?" 

She smirked, "Nothing much. My son just got a job, so now I don't have to deal with him. My daughter on the other hand, is still trying to be a model." She laughed. I laughed with her, "I see." 

She pointed to the table in the corner, "Your brother is waiting for you. He ordered for you as well. It's still hot." 

I thanked her and walked over to the table, licking my finger. Walking up behind Conner with a evil grin, I gave him a Wet Willy, making him jump and punch me in the gut, "OW!"

He stared at me with an expressionless face, "Oh. Sorry, Niell." I flick the side of his head, "Sorry, my ass!" I sit across from him, rubbing my aching abdomen. "So, what's up?" He asked, raising a brow, "You must have called me for a reason." 

 I blushed, "Uhhh... Yeah." I rubbed the back of my neck, "It's about this guy I met..." 

Connor nodded, not saying anything. I continued, "Well... He works for me, and he caught me in my office..."

"Beating your meat with his photo?" He said, a small smirk on his face.

"HOW THE HELL DID YOU-"

"Experience." He said simply.

"Experience?"

"Experience." 

"Wanna tell me how you gained that experience?" I leaned forward a bit, raising a brow.

For a split second a blush appeared on his cheeks. However, it died down quickly, and he rolled his eyes, "We not here to discuss me. We're talking about this kid."

I covered my face, "Dear god, don't call him that! It makes me seem like a perv!"

"Technically, you are one."