Date

Niell

As the other CEOs exited the room after another boring meeting, I stood up and began to head towards Jeremiah. However, much to my disappointment and annoyance, I was stopped by none other than Gregory.

"McKing, I'm onto you."

I raised a brow, honestly curious about what he was ' onto me' about, "Hm? What would that be?" He gave a malicious smirk, "That fatass. I know you're using your little fag assistant as a replacement."

Holding back my clenched fist, I held my serious expression, "Replacement for who, exactly?"

"For me, of course. I know you miss what we had, and you just want me back." After a moment of silent staring, I burst out in laughter, making Jeremiah look up from his laptop. 

Gregory, however, was not amused, "Don't you dare laugh! It's a cheap trick, but I'll play along until you get on your knees and beg for my sweet ass."

Oh, his ass... It was as sweet as a goddamned lemon. 

"Sure, sure... Good luck with that. One more thing," I spoke as I grabbed him by the collar, "Talk about my caramel drop again and I'll f-"

"We've returned, darlings!" Sung two voices from the door. Looking over, I smiled at the sight of Malika and Taraj grinning and joking around with each other. Roughly pushing Gregory out of the way, I stepped towards them, smirking at Malika,  "Welcome back, loser..." I looked to Taraj with a sweet smile, "... and Taraj."

I could have sworn he blushed a bit, but decided to let it go for now. Jeremiah practically rocketed from his seat to Malika, pulling her in a hug, "Babe, I missed you! All I thought about was-"

"My body?" Malika spoke with a smirk

Jeremiah, being a bit shy at the moment, blushed and looked away, "No! I was thinking about holding you in my arms!"

I smiled at the couple as they embraced each other once again. I admired how well they complimented each other.  When one was feeling down in the dumps, the other would take care of them. If one was hyperactive, the other was the anchor. 

They were flexible in more ways than one, and trust me, I know.

I was snapped out of my reverie when my suit sleeve was tugged on lightly. I looked to the source to see a crossed-armed Taraj, tapping his foot impatiently. Oh damn. I had forgotten that we were going to chat about the incident. 

After quickly bidding goodbye to my friends, who were in another one of their 'love clouds', I lead Taraj to the elevator. We entered, and I pressed the button to the roof. After scanning my fingerprint, it moved us to our destination. 

When we reached the top of the large tower, Taraj's expression changed from annoyance to amazement in a second. The outdoor garden had cost me just about 1.2 million dollars was worth it. He quickly stepped into the fresh air, "This is amazing... Like a concrete paradise." 

I chuckled at him, and stepped into the 'concrete paradise' as well, "Glad you think so. It cost quite a bit."

He rolled his eyes, "I have the slightest idea that 'a bit' means different things to each of us."

Taking a seat on the couch that faced the city, he closed his eyes, "It's so different from all the business downstairs... I haven't felt this at ease in a long time."

Luckily the meeting only lasted an hour and  it was currently 8 pm, so the sun was still giving off a warm orange glow than made my caramel drop glow like the angel he is.