Chapter 23

Flashback -- Mikaelson Compound
Mireya was sitting in a rocking chair in the nursery, where she is writing a letter. Klaus enters the room and leans in the doorway.

"Writing a love letter to one of your many suitors?" Klaus smiles at her as she playfully rolls her eyes at him. "So, who's the lucky recipient, then?"

"What would you say if it's for you?" Mireya teased.

"I thought I was out of the running ages ago!"

Mireya lets out a little laugh. "Hayley will probably give you some kind of award for that ego of yours." Suddenly, she groans when she felt the baby kick. "Oh!"

Klaus walks toward Mireya, with concerned. "How is our littlest one?"

"Do you want to...?" Mireya looks at him as she rubs her baby bump expectantly. Klaus nervously takes a step back, but Mireya gives him a look. "Come on!"

Mireya gestures again to her belly. Klaus knelt down in front of her and hesitantly reached out and touches her stomach, and he's startled when he feels the baby kick.

Mireya lets out a little laugh. "You feel that?"

They both share a laugh in amazement, but after a moment, Klaus suddenly stands up.

"Right! I'll leave you to your secret letter, then!" Klaus said before rushing off, and Mireya smiles as she thinks about Klaus and the baby.

Mireya voiceover:
"Dear Rose...or Charlotte...or Angelique. To my little girl. Your dad just asked if this was a love letter. I guess it kind of is. I never got to know my mother. My father told me everything of what my mother thought when she carried me."

In the present, Mireya, who is in the middle of labor, screams at Genevieve and Monique as they stand around her.

"AHHHH!" Mireya yelled out. "Let go of me, you bitch!"

"So, I thought I'd write to you, so you can know how happy I am at this very moment. How much your father and I can't wait to meet you..."

In the present, Klaus limps into the hospital and finds the witches with Mireya, who is shocked and relieved to see him. Klaus, enraged, lunges toward one of the witch guards and rips his head off. Abigail and Genevieve link hands and telekinetically pin Klaus to the wall.

"And, I want to make you a promise of three things that you will have: a safe home, someone to tell you that they love you every single day, and someone to fight for you, no matter what."

In the present, Klaus fights against the spell pinning him to the wall, but he cannot get free. Monique and Abigail anchor the spell and go back to helping Mireya.

"AHHH!" Both Mireya and Klaus yelled out.

"In other words, a family. So, there you go, baby girl. The rest, we're going to have to figure out together. I love you. Your mom."

Klaus and Mireya watch fearfully as Genevieve grabs the ceremonial athame that was used for the Harvest.

Mireya continues to scream in agony and terror as Genevieve turns to address both Mireya and Klaus.

"You should know this brings me no joy. I promise I'll make it quick," Genevieve said as one of the witches covers Mireya's lower half with a sheet.

"Let's begin, shall we?"

St. Anne's Church
Mireya was still in labor, and the witches, led by Genevieve, assist Mireya in her birth. Mireya screams in agony.