Chapter 19

Mikaelson Compound
Elijah has men renovating the compound in the courtyard. Wanting to restore the Mikaelson home to its former glory. Klaus and Genevieve come downstairs to find the source of the noise.

"Enough with all the racket!" Klaus exclaimed.

"Is there a problem, brother?" Elijah glances at Klaus before turning to the workers. "Gentlemen, please." The workers stop what they were doing and leave the compound.

"I agreed to a general sprucing up, not a bloody three-ring circus."

"Marcel and his minions abused our home for the better part of a century. Now, you might be content to live in squalor. I'm not," Elijah explained, truthfully.

"I agree with your brother. It's a new era in the French Quarter. This place could use a makeover," Genevieve says as she stands next to the brothers.

"Careful, Elijah. When this one agrees with you, it's a sure sign she wants something," Klaus explains.

"Actually I do have a request. I'm told our coven hasn't been able to celebrate feast days in the open since Marcel restricted the use of magic. Now with the new peace, I'd like that to change."

"Am I to assume that you have a certain feast day in mind?" Elijah asked, somewhat interested.

"La Fête des Bénêdictions. Feast of the Blessings. In the past, members of the community offered witches gifts in exchange for blessings. We'd like to use it as a forum for introducing our young Harvest girls to society." Genevieve spoke proudly of this event.

Up on the compound balcony overlooking them, Mireya comes into view

Up on the compound balcony overlooking them, Mireya comes into view. She looks over at the renovation, not remembering it being there. She looks down when she hears Elijah speaking.

"So your coven attempted to destroy my family-- and you yourself held my siblings in unspeakable torment-- and you would like a party for the witches?" Elijah asked her, listing the bad things shehas done to his family.

Klaus chuckles at Elijah.

"I made my amends with your brother." Genevieve says with slight bitterness. "Why don't you think it over?" She then leaves, the Mikaelson brothers and Mireya watch her.

"Hey."

Mireya snapped her gaze to her right, seeing Alec approaching her. "Hey. What are you doing here?"

Alec opened his mouth, but soon closed it when he realized he had forgotten what to tell her.

Mireya looked at his expression carefully. "Are you trying to come up with a perfect lie?"

Alec quickly shook his head. "What? Psh. No." He stopped shaking his head when he the disbelieving look on her face. He sighed. "Ok. I may have forgotten what Hayley told me to tell you."

"What's the real reason?" Mireya asked.