Chapter 4

The past couple of days has been very quiet. Hayley apologized to Mireya for almost killing her baby.

They walked around the house until they came across a wooden chest. They opened it to see it held a bunch of books, photos, and other things. Mireya picked up one of the photos and saw that it was Elijah.

She lightly traced her finger on his face, before putting it back in the chest

She lightly traced her finger on his face, before putting it back in the chest. She watched as Hayley picks up one of his journals and opens it, then closes it.

She had a look of temptation to read it, but kept debating on whether or not to read it. She groans in frustration.

"Your debating about reading one of his journals, but deciding against it because it would be invading his privacy, right?"

"Mhmm," Hayley mumbles out.

"Don't worry. We're gonna get Elijah back," Mireya comforted her.

Hayley just scoffs. "I just can't believe...no wait, actually I can believe it, because it's Klaus."

Mireya lets out a soft chuckle.

Mireya then grabs the journal from Hayleys hand and puts it back in the chest. She closes the chest, then looks at Hayley. "It's best if we not read his journals and just let him tell it to us."

Hayley looks at her, and lets out an playful annoyed sighed. "Sometimes I hate you."

Mireya smiles at her. "Love you too, Hayley."

Hayley and Mireya left the room and headed towards the foyer when they heard Klaus and Rebekah talking.

"The werewolf-"

"And pregnant human."

Hayley nods and indicates Mireya. "- would like to know what the plan is."

"Well, that depends on what plan you mean, love - - my plan for global domination, or Rebekah's plan to find love in a cruel, cruel world?" Klaus asked, looking over at his sister.

Rebekah hummed before taking a pencil from the desk beside her and throws it in Klaus' direction. Klaus catches it easily before it can embed itself in his face.

Hayley sighs in disappointment. "The plan to rescue Elijah. You know, the good brother? The one who is now in the possession of your mortal enemy after you stabbed him in the back?"

 You know, the good brother? The one who is now in the possession of your mortal enemy after you stabbed him in the back?"