Chapter 6

"You can't go out there now. I need to gather thw witches' remains and consecrate them. If I don't get to them before sundown, we lose the link to there magic," Sophie said, as Mireya and Hayley walked into the living room.

"Those witches tried to kill Mireya," Klaus points at her

"Those witches tried to kill Mireya," Klaus points at her. "I prefer for Marcel's informant not to find anything that would lead back to us, to her, or to...you know," he points at Mireya's stomach. "...that."

Hayley rolls her eyes. "You are all does," she started sarcastically.

Mireya bites her lip, trying to hide her smile.

Klaus points at Sophie. "Stay put. And save the rest of your story 'til I return." Then storms out of the room.

The Lafayette Cemetery
Sophie was at the cemetery, packing a little bottle into her backpack, when Hayley enter the mausoleum.

"Hey. What the hell?" Sophie asked, in anger.

"You're going out there anyway, aren't you? I wanna go with you," Hayley said, sternly.

"No, thanks. Already got assulted by Klaus this morning, don't need a repeat," she stated angrily. Sophie looks behind Hayley expecting to see Mireya. "Where's Mireya?"

"Sleeping."

"You left her alone at the house?" Sophie exclaimed.

"Trust me, she's safer asleep than when she's awake," Hayley replied calmly. "And besides, what if whatever is responsible for all those dead witches is still out there? We've already established that 'it' likes me and Mireya, and hates witches, so you'll be safer with me."

"Sorry if I'm not buying your sudden concern for my safety," she tries to pass Hayley. Hayley blocks the exit, forcing Sophie to stop.

"Listen. The whole reason I came to this stupid town in the first place was to learn more about my family. Your sister's the one that told me Marcel ran the werewolves out of the Quarter, into the bayou. And, last night I'm pretty sure that some guardian - angel - wolf scared both mine and Mireya's life. So I'm coming with you." Hayley crosses her arms to prove her point.

Rebekah walks in to the mausoleum and joins the girls.

"Could you two be more idiotic?" Rebekah says, as she walks up to the girls.

Hayley and Sophie both look around at each other and sigh.

"Two can play the following game you know. You heard Klaus. He and Marcel are heading right where you're going."

"So distract them. Because no matter what, I'm coming with you. And if you lock me up in a tomb, Elijah and Mireya, especially Mireya, would be mad if they hear that I died of asphyxiation."

Rebekah stares at her, annoyed. Sophie rolls her eyes and sighs again, resigned to having Hayley and Rebekah tag along.

The Bayou
Sophie, Rebekah, and Hayley continue to walk around the Bayou to look for the dead witches.