Chapter 15

Mikaelson Compound
Elijah enters the courtyard to find Marcel sending out more troops to search the city.

"Anything?" Elijah asked.

"They're putting eyes and ears out everywhere. Daywalkers are working every contact we've got. Cops, dock workers, guys in the Treme... Word is out: anyone trying to earn favor with me gets a lifetime of it if they find them," Marcel informs Elijah.

"Good. I need a pen and paper." Elijah walks towards the study, and after Marcel pauses a moment and rolls his eyes, he follows behind him.

"Hey, am I taking orders from you now, or are we in this together?" Marcel asked, slightly annoyed.

Elijah starts removing his jacket. "Pen and paper, Marcellus." Elijah was now frustrated. "Now!"

Marcel sighs. "I want her back just as much as you do, you know..." He paused for a moment. "The both of them." Marcel leaves to get the supplies.

Elijah begins stripping off his shirt as he calls out for Hayley and Mireya to come into the study. "Hayley! Mireya!"

"Elijah! You're back

"Elijah! You're back. Did you find any..." .She stops when she realizes that Elijah is both shirtless and covered in tattooed names and gapes awkwardly. "...thing?" She stares at him, blocking the entrance.

Mireya sighed in annoyance behind her and gives Hayley a little shove into the room. When she finally sees what got Hayley all awkward, she frowns in confusion, looking at Elijah's tattooed body. "What's happening?"

"I need either one of you to make a list of these names

"I need either one of you to make a list of these names."

While the girls waited on Marcel, they begin examining the names tattooed across Elijahs shoulders, arms, back, and abdomen

Hayley comes across a name and reads aloud. "Sabine? Elijah, what is this?"

"I believe they represent the names of the women Celeste inhabited for the past two centuries," Elijah answered, looking at the names on his arms.

Marcel rejoins them and hands the paper and pen to Hayley. "It's called a Devinette. It's old school. Kind of a riddle. Witches use them to teach their kids. Solve it, and it disappears."