No! She couldn't take the chance! It would be exactly what he wanted! Seeing her with a broken arm or a broken leg.

"If something happens to me, my Bhai and Papa will cut you into small pieces–very small pieces–and feed you to pigeons!"

She heard a chuckle.

Was he laughing? Had he heard her? No! it couldn't be!

She sat quietly for a second. There was only one way to find out. "You cannot hear me, can you?" she asked tentatively.

There was no response.

She sighed audibly.

Then she heard it again. If she had any doubts, she could feel his body shake with the movement. And she was sure it had nothing to do with riding the bike.

She gasped.

"You can hear me?!" She hit him–hard.

"You do realize I am riding the bike, right? One wrong move and we both could end up in hospital," came his mirth filled voice through her helmet.

Headphone and speaker enabled helmets! Great!

She dug her nails into his torso. If she had the option, her hands would have been around his neck right now–strangling him. 

"Oww! What do you have? Claws or something?" he asked

"Something," Ria muttered.

"Keep them to yourself then! I know how to cut off claws," he warned. "Don't mess around while I am riding. For your own sake."

Ria fumed but kept quiet. Just wait till I get off this bike!

It was another fifteen minutes before they reached their destination. Urmila's house.

Ria got off the bike as soon as they stopped. She took off the helmet and shoved it into him. 

"What the hell was that?"

Shiv calmly took of his helmet. "It is called a bike ride," he said grinning at her.

"You did that on purpose! You could have told me to just come directly to this address!"

"And miss out seeing you turn into a scared kitten?"

Ria walked toward him and stomped his feet with her four inch heels.

"Owww! Bloody hell!" Shiv jumped off hopping on his foot.

Ria gave him a smile. 

"Have you lost your mind?"

"Want some more? Louboutins. They are amazing, aren't they?" Ria asked with a big smile, brushing her hands together at a job well done..

Shiv glared at her

"Should we get on to what we came here for?" Ria asked.

Not waiting for his response she walked into the building. He followed behind muttering about 'mental women'.

This time the door was opened by a man. Ria didn't recognize him.

Shiv walked past her and gave a quick manly hug to the man before entering the house.

When they got it, she realized that the man wasn't the only one there. She could make out at least two other women her age and two other men.

"They are here!" one of the men called out. She assumed he had called out to Urmila because she couldn't see her anywhere.

The two women walked up to her.

"I guess you don't remember us. I am Nisha and this is Pooja," one of them introduced.