Chapter 37

"5 more minutes..."
Whined Michelangelo as I gently shook him awake.

And by gently mean violently.

"No man, Showbiz waits for no man!"

Then I paused and contemplated that for a split second.

"....Or Traveler, or Former Mutant Turtle boy.
Get up dude!"

__________________________

It was still quite dark out as the cab dropped us off behind the circus arena building.

Raphael yawned.

"Roxanne it's 4 in the morning, what are we doing here so early, there probably isn't even anyone here and I just know that building is locked."

"Just trust me."
I gave him a know it all wink.

Before turning and heading towards the many trailers that were parked along the back of the building.

"Yes, I know it's early and I know for a fact that non of us likes to get up early, but we need to get into the building before any of the other performers are awake, so we can practice."

I headed up several steps and pulled on one of the metal doors.
It was locked, I tried the next, same result. I began making my way to try each of the one dozen doors that lined the backstage area.

"I told you, it's locked."
Raphael stated matter of factly as I pulled on yet another locked door.

" Oh Yee of little faith.
Listen, a few of trailers that some performers live in don't have showers installed, so when a show plays a building, they often leave one dummy locked, so people can take showers inside in the dressing rooms."

I spotted a door that was third to last and the handle wasn't as fully upright as the rest.

I sent a smirk in his direction as I reached for it.

"You just have to find the right door."

It swung open.

I sent Raphael a look that clearly stated.

"Care to say anything now?!"

I stepped inside. It was dark in the arena with only a little light coming from one of the dressing rooms in the hallway, obviously left on so you wouldn't have to stumble around in the dark looking for the bathroom.

I locked the door behind me.

I felt along the wall looking for the breaker box.

Then I realized how quiet the guys had been, if I didn't know any better I wouldn't have even realized there was anyone in here with me.

"Man you guys are awfully quiet."
I stated.

"Well were ninjas, duhh!!!"
Michelangelo stepped out to where I could see him.

"Yeah silence is kind of our thing."
Replied Leonardo with hint of sarcasm in his voice.

I smiled, a silent chuckle escaped from me.

I felt the box and flipped the biggest switch my fingers found and the giant overhead lights turned on in the arena, lighting up the ring and the aerial riggings.

"What are you doing?!?"
Donnie's hand bolted for the box, to turn the lights back off.

I batted it away, stopping him.

"Are you crazy, if anyone's sees the light, they will know we are in here?!"
He ranted at me!

"That's the beauty of it Donatello, technically we work here, we have a right to be in here and practice.
And nobody will be in here for another "