Chapter 30

After Splinters initial shock went away, I quickly explained to him exactly what had happened.

And that it was an accident, not a fault of me or my gang of former turtle, now human ninja brothers, and how Leonardo did warn me not to touch the mutagen, and how I did so only to save Karai.

At first he looked so upset that I expected him to throw a chair at me any second now.

But once I explained that it was only temporary and should reverse in a few days, he relaxed a bit.

I picked up his green staff off the floor and cautiously handed it to him.

He hesitated, but accepted then removed it out of my hands.

I sighed in relief, I took it as a sign of forgiveness.

"So we are not grounded till we are 40 then?!"

Mikey asked in disbelief.

"No, I believe every thing happens for a reason."

Replied the rat before looking me straight in the eyes

"Some reasons are more understandable then others."

Then his gaze averted back to his sons.

"But there is a reason here, consider this a learning opportunity.

I was human once as well, now it is your turn, Roxanne has been walking miles in your shoes, figuratively speaking, now it is your turn."

"Sure, just as long as those shoes don't have 6 inch heels, I don't think I could do a mile in those."

Smirked the red headed former ninja turtle.

"Yeah, those would clash with your purse."

Chuckled Michelangelo.

I decided to call April and warn her.

"You did what?!"

She yelled at me after I told her, I'm sure the boys and Splinter heard, as the guys were still seated on the couch, and Splinter still taking this in, had decided to seat himself at the table.

I walked out of earshot.

"April I need you do something for me."

Less then 20 minutes of awkward silence later she rushed through the doors and handed me a backpack full of her clothes.

"Great you brought it!"

I said thankfully pulling it out of her hands.

Then she took a double take when she caught sight of the turtles, err well humans.

Yeah, any money she's thinking the same thing I was when I saw them.

And that thought would be DAMN!

I noticed Donatello shyly pull his part of the blanket up to his neck, covering himself the second she looked at him.

"Man you weren't kidding!"

She stated with her eyes wide.

"But then again this shouldn't surprise me, first giant teenage turtles, then a parallel dimension traveling circus freak, the fun never ends around here!"

I unzipped the back pack and pulled out several neatly folded yellow T shirts.

Man this girl and that color.

"Your not expecting us to wear girls clothes are you?!"

Leonardo raised an eyebrow at the extra small sunshine colored shirts in my hand.