Chapter 22

I awoke to more clanking and banging sounds.

The boys must be training.

I sat up and saw that Master Splinter was seated alone at the table, reading what looked like the New York Times.

He noticed I was awake.

"Good morning Roxanne."

He nodded glancing away from his newspaper.

I love how nobody wakes me up around here in the mornings.

I just sort of wake up.

I stood up and folded my blanket back up.

Something I normally would do after breakfast.

But something about the giant Japanese ninja master rats presence just compelled me to be neat.

To bad he doesn't have that affect on the guys.

I thought back to the messy rooms.

"Good morning sir."

I greeted him

Grabbing supplies for cereal, before sitting down.

"Whatever you are doing to my sons.."

My heart froze.

What did I do, I haven't done anything to the guys?

Fear began to creep.

He noticed my tension and smiled.

"Keep doing it."

Was that my imagination or did Master Splinter just pull a Meredith from who wants to be a millionaire.

"You made a funny"

I quoted the saying from the classic show.

I just couldn't help myself, sorry.

"Raphael was in the best mood, Iv ever seen this morning, Donatello as well.

Leonardo and Raphael, They didn't fight, and were actually polite to each other."

His eyes wide in disbelief as he explained this to me.

"And Michelangelo... he memorized every move and pattern perfectly, he payed almost perfect attention, and I believe the expression is 'kicked butt'."

I smiled.

My heart melting at the Sensais praise.

So proud of "my boys"

"And I know it's you, I see how you are with them, patient, understanding, compassionate, it is like you live to bring out the best in them, you care for them like a sister, they seem to be starting to return the feeling, it will be sad for all of us to see you leave."

I felt a pang in my stomach at the mention of leaving.

"I'm not going anywhere at the moment sir, and yes though they do not know me they are like the brothers I never had. And Iv seen many years worth of different versions of this universe, Iv seen these problems and I know the solutions. It makes me happy to put my knowledge to use."

I said respectfully

I finished my food and put my bowl in the sink.

"One more thing Master."

He looked up from what he was reading.

"Thank you for allowing me patrol with them on the surface, I appreciated that very much."

"Well after I saw you challenge Raphael I knew you could take care of yourself."

Then he chuckled

"My sons told me of your adventures on the surface, and of the remarks you made to my daughter."

I froze, would he be mad?

I mean she's evil and all but she's still his daughter, in a matter of speaking anyways.

Again he noticed

Man this guy is good.

Or ehh rat is good.

He laughed again.

"Don't worry I find it amusing, I also am not very find of Karais appearance, with the dyes and piercings, but I guess Oroku is a much less strict father then I would have been."

It was strange to hear master Splinter call his arch nemesis by his first name.

Oroku Saki

Otherwise known as The Shredder, the man who once was Splinters best friend, the man who betrayed him, murdered his wife and kidnapped his daughter to raise as his own.

I don't like this universes Shredder at all.

I prefer mine, constantly humorously bitching and or getting bitched at by his evil Partner/Best Friend the alien who looked like a brain with tentacles and a major attitude, Kraang, then constantly almost flirtatiously constantly kidnapping April O'Neal.

Yeah I liked that Shredder wayyy better then this scarred up burnt up psychopath that we have in this parallel.

So I just laughed.