"Wait a minute," Sonia said. "Why am I finding this out now? Come to think of it, Mrs. Albert said 'twice'." She looked at me right in the eye.

I inwardly winced. I was definitely qualified as the worst friend of the year.

"Well, he sort of attacked me last night while my parents were away," I said, shrugging.

Sonia stared at me. "And you came to school, why?" She shook her head. "Scratch that, when were you going to tell me?"

"I'm not planning on living in fear," I told her, ignoring her new question. "Why should I be afraid to walk around in broad daylight?"

She shook her head. "It's not about being afraid," she said. "It's about coming to terms with what happened."

I drew my legs up on the chair and wrapped my arms around them. I placed my chin on my knees. I stared at the green carpet for a long time. Sonia sat quietly beside me.

"I have come to terms with it," I said. "I was attacked."

"I meant about being attacked by a vampire."

"There's nothing I can do about that," I said. "No one can control them. I bet I'm not the only one who has been in this situation before."

I heard Sonia sigh. Just then, the door opened and my parents rushed in. They pulled me out of my seat and crushed me between the two.

"I'm so so sorry," my mom said kissing my forehead repeatedly. "Are you alright? Did he hurt you?"

"Just a scratch," I said showing them my arm.

I saw the alarmed look pass between them. Dad's grip on my shoulder tightened.

"A specialist analyzed my arm," I told him. "He said there shouldn't be anything to worry about but he ran some tests just to be certain. He'll call when he gets the results."

"I'm sorry we didn't get here on time," Mom said. "Traffic was worse than usual."

I glanced over Mom's shoulder but Sonia was gone.

"It's fine," I said.

"No," Dad said. "It's not. I'll have to have a serious talk the Major and Governor about this. This is just getting too ridiculous. He could have killed you!"

His words tightened my throat. Tears jumped to my eyes. I quickly blinked.

"Oh, honey," Mom whispered, pulling me into a hug.

Her soothing words were tearing down my walls. She rubbed my back telling me I was safe now. At that point, I couldn't hold it in anymore. I broke down and sobbed into her shoulder. Why did something like this have to happen again?! I understood the first time but now?

"Sshh," Mom whispered. "You're safe. We won't let anybody hurt you."

I sniffed and nodded. Even though deep down, I knew if a vampire wanted to munch on me, they couldn't stop him or her. But even so, I wanted to believe her. A knock sent me jumping back and quickly wiping away my tears.

We turned to face a man in a gray suit at the door. He had to be some federal agent. He looked and dressed the part.

"Hi," he said stepping inside and closing the door behind him. "My name is Agent Bollem. You must be Miss Borek."

I nodded. "That's right," I said. "So, have you arrested him yet?"

"By 'him' you mean -"

"The Vampire Prince," I said cutting him off.

"No . . ."

"What the hell are you waiting for?! He attacked my daughter!"

I turned around seeing my dad shaking in anger. His face was red and he was ready to murder someone. I felt the exact same way.

"We need an official statement," Agent Bollem said unfazed by Dad's anger. "After that, we can start the investigation."

"Screw the investigation," Dad said. "He broke into my home and attacked Rin, twice! What other evidence do you need?!"

"She attacked him," Agent Bollem began.

"In self-defense," Dad raged. "Don't tell me now it's legal for them to attack us and we are sitting back and let it all happen."

"It's complicated . . ."

"Then, uncomplicate it." That was Mom. She took a step forward. "Listen, my baby girl was attacked twice by the same man. You're going to go back to your boss and tell him we want some action on your behalf."

"Mr. and Mrs. Borek," Agent Bollem said. "My job is to take your daughter to our office and get an official statement. If you want to raise a complaint then take it up with my boss. But right now, I'm going to need her to come with me."

He was good. Not only had he taken down angry parents, he didn't even call in back-up or said to 'calm down' which would just piss my parents off more.

"Fine," I said. "I'll come with you."

After all, knowing what was going to happen to the Vampire Prince for attacking me twice was something I wanted to know.

--

A/N: I know it's says 'on hold' but I felt so bad for not updating any stories that I had to update at least something.  I know it's a short chapter and I'm so sorry for that.  ANyways, tell me what you think about this chapter and what you hope or not to see in the future.