IceCreamEater

A strain smile made its way to my lips. "You would like that, wouldn't you?"

It didn't help that my heart was ready to burst. 'Cool and collected' was not working out for me. The Prince could definitely smell my fear.

"It won't hurt," he said. "Just let yourself go-"

I slammed the book against his chest. "I will never let a vampire feed from me," I spat out.

The mere mention of it made my body shake. Did he honestly think everyone would fall at his feet?

"Sire, your meal has been prepared."

The tutor's voice made my flinch. How long had he been there? It didn't matter. I slipped past the Prince and headed out the door. A group of female students had already gathered outside. The girl from earlier was in the middle of being questioned. So lucky and I wish it was me echoed loudly around me. I forced myself to keep walking.

They were lost in an illusion. Vampires were dangerous, manipulative, and cunning. They only took what they wanted without giving anything back. They should have stayed in their graves.

##

At the end of the day, I submitted my homework and daily work to my teachers before leaving (I kept the assigned homework). I hadn't talked to anyone since the afternoon. Sure I had been unable to answer some questions on my own but that was a small price to pay. I wasn't in a talking mood. Besides, I still couldn't wrap my mind around the concept of letting a dangerous creature feed from you. How could anyone put their completely trust in a stranger? It didn't make sense.

The security patrol took me home. I would have to thank my parents for asking their co-worker, Ian, to answer my interview questions late last night. Maybe I needed to pay him a visit or something. I would have gotten a zero on my English paper if it hadn't been for him. Although the homework was due tomorrow, I prefer to turn it in early.

A few news vans occupied the street. So much for keeping my identity a secret. The cameras flashed at the vehicle came to a stop. I was escorted to the door keeping my head down. I was going to go blind. Couldn't they cover a story about one else getting attacked by a vampire? As horrible as that sounds, it didn't get enough media attention. It happened and everyone should be aware of it. I couldn't help but wonder how the media would react if they found out about the contract.

I shuddered. Let's hope that didn't happen. The sector police did a sweep of the house before letting me inside.

"We'll be stationed outside," one of the guards said.

"Thanks," I muttered.

I locked the door behind me and headed into the kitchen. I found a note on the fridge saying that my parents were going to be late today. I would have to order pizza for dinner. That was fine. It felt like a pizza day. I made myself a snack - graham crackers and peanut butter before heading to my room. Instead of eating, I place the plate on my desk and jumped faced down on the bed.

Bad idea. My bag pack forced the wind out of me and my books made a dent in my back. Blinking back tears, I took my bag pack off and pushed it off the bed. Plus, the bruises were still there. Ugh, I felt mentally exhausted. When was this going to end? It wasn't like I had all the time in the world. Would it be better if I just told the Prince what he wanted to hear? Maybe I should donate a pint of blood and hoped he left me alone . . . . yeah, no.

I didn't want to give in to that jerk's demand. He needed to be taught a lesson but I didn't want to be the one to teach it to him. My cellphone buzzed in my bag pack. Really? Just when I was getting comfortable. But what if it was my parents or Sonia? I yanked my bag pack toward me and grabbed my phone from the front most pocket.

On the screen were messages. What in the world? I rarely used my school social media account. Sure it was a way to find new friends, get updated on homework or events but I wasn't signed up for anyone of that. I just made one because it was a school project my freshman year. My phone buzzed again, another message. Curious, I punched in the password and opened up the app.

My page had eleven comments. This wasn't going to be good. I clicked on my page and scrolled down.

'Attention whore.'

My heart twitched. I dropped my phone face down on the bed. My chin trembled and I couldn't stop my vision from blurring.

My phone buzzed again.

I slipped out of bed and paced around the room. This was . . . ridiculous. I suspected something like this might happen but I didn't think . . . Okay, clam down. Take a deep breath. Don't freak out. Easier said than done.

My cellphone trembled against the bed.

Did people honestly believe that I wanted to be attacked? No one wants to be a victim. Who in their right mind wear something like 'Bite Me' on their shirt? That was just asking for trouble. How could anyone be so dense? Heck, if I asked, I'm sure the Vampire Prince would attack someone . . . actually, no. He wouldn't do anything I asked just to spite me.

The only way to stop this was to delete my school account. That also meant that I had to look at my phone again. It's not like I had to read the messages, right? I walked back to my bed and grabbed the cellphone. Taking a deep breath, I unlocked my phone. There were ten new messages.

I clicked the settings menu and scrolled through the options. It took me a few minutes before I found what I was looking for. At that point, my phone buzzed five more times. I clicked 'delete account' and a pop up screen appeared. It asked for an administrator password. Ugh, you had to be kidding me. Why was this even mandatory?

The only other way to get rid of the message was to report them and that meant that I had to read the posts on my wall. It's not like I cares what other people said - well, some but who didn't? - it's just that putting their hate out there and involving others, that's what I didn't like. Their comments are going to get a lot of people involved. Plus, I didn't want to read mean posts. However, it's not like I had a choice. If I let them go on, it would never end.

Luv_gurl34 posted: u set the whole thing up.

Un1c0rn posted: i bet u begged 4 the Prince 2 atak u. dont git cocky.

Lumos posted: @un1c0rn wtf r u sayin? A killer attackes her, u shoukd b ashamed.

Carliscool posted: @lumos u tell em @luv_gurl38 @un1c0rn shes lucky 2 b alive. U dont kno how 2 think 4 urself

Honey_bird posted: @lumos u cant call someone a killer. Thsts racist. How rude.

Reina posted: is n e 1 bothered by the fact that a VAMPIRE is walking UNSUPERVISED @ scool?

sooth34 posted: @reina u can't just assume dat vamps r dangerous. it's bc ppl like u that there's a lot of misunderstanding.

IceCreamEater posted: @luv_gurl38 @un1c0rn you guys don't know anything. y would anyone want to be attacked be it by a vampire or not. that's just stupid. r u saying u want to be attacked by someone?

Okay . . . so not all of them were bad but why did they have to have this argument on my page? I didn't bother reading the other posts. There was no way I was getting involved with all of this. I looked back at the posts. 'IceCreamEater', for some reason that name stuck out to me. I clicked on the name and it brought me to his student profile. Yeah, it was Carlos.

For a moment, I didn't know what to think. He had defended me on the posts and at school. I clicked on the private message icon and types in 'Thanks.' It only took a second until I received a reply.

'I got ur back.'

I smiled to myself. Sure he was a handful at times but he and Sonia were my friends. I bit my lip. I wondered if it was okay for me to keep talking to him. It was my fault that he got involved with all of this. His mom probably didn't like me anymore.

Another private message popped up. 'We'll see you tomorrow.' IceCreamEater was no longer active. For some reason, a lump formed in my throat. I guess I still had friends who cared about me.