Warning Part 1

The doorbell rang alerting me to my dinner. I hurried downstairs and took a detour to grab the money from the safe spot in the kitchen. The poor gal or guy from the pizza delivery place was more than likely getting patted down by the security officers. At least they were thorough. Plus, I'm sure there was going to be some tabloid in the morning talking about how a pizza delivery guy - a secret agent for sure!- had brought me dinner.  It's just that I couldn't help but wish that my life could go back to the way it was but as it stood, I didn't see it happening right now. I mean, sure, I didn't exactly have a plan but the Career Exam should take care of that.

I waited for a few seconds before opening the door. A few cameras flashed behind him. Now everyone knew about my Disney pajamas. Mark stood on the doorsteps dressed in his blue polo shirt, slacks, and hat. He balanced the pizza box in one hand. Behind him were two security officers. I spotted Mark's car on the other side of the street with a large pizza logo on the side. How much did he get paid to put that on his car?

"Hi," Mark said in a high pitched voice.

It was hard to keep the smile from my face. "Hello," I replied. "How much is it?"

Mark looked down at the receipt. "16.82"

I handed him a $20. "Keep the change."

"Thanks," he said, handing me the box.

I smiled at all three men on the doorsteps before heading inside. Awkwardly, I locked the door and went upstairs. My stomach tightened due to the smell. Honestly, I might have been drooling but I couldn't tell. Somehow, I managed to clear my desk of all my homework before setting the pizza box down. Well, it was more of throwing it down. My palm was red and toasty. I cracked open the box and let the cheesy aroma wafted out. My stomach gurgled in response.

I peeled back the lid and gasped. Written underneath the lid were the words: All Traitors Must Die glared at me. I took a step back and tripped on my books. My legs gave out from under me. My heart felt like it was ready to burst. This couldn't be happening. Why would anyone do this? No one should know about my contract with the Prince except for a handful of people. Had there been a leak?

I shook my head. We hadn't confirmed anything. A chill settled on my body and I started to shiver. The walls closed in around me and I found it difficult to breathe. Were they watching me right now? I glanced at the window. I'd forgotten to close the curtains. Feeling a rush of panic, I scooted back until my back hit the bed. Groping behind me, I yanked my comfortable towards me and wrapped it around me.

No one is out there, I told myself. This has to be a prank. It's all a prank. Calm down.

But I couldn't calm down. How did they know where I lived? Had it been Mark? Was he part of those anti- vampire movements? He didn't seem like the kind but it was impossible to tell.

I closed my eyes. It would all disappear. It would be a dream. I tightened the comforter around me. It would all go back to normal in the morning.