BILLBOARDS

PART TWO - THE SURPRISE PERFORMANCE

Grant could see that Becky was excited, because she couldn't keep still. He was positive that it had something to do with her "special surprise", but she really was good at keeping secrets, so he sat there, feeling more and more like an idiot as she started bouncing in her chair.

It reminded him of the time they went to their first concert - a Bon Jovi concert that sparked her love for guitars. Grant could not keep her still for the entire three-hour-long concert. So he figured out that from that point on, when she was excited about something she'd start bouncing.

Finally, as the show came closer to the end, Becky rose out of her seat without a word and disappeared backstage. Grant wanted to follow, but the look Cara gave him said DON'T. So he sighed and put his hands behind his head, leaning back slightly in his chair.

Then, the announcer said, "Here to introduce our once-in-a-lifetime performance, here are Meghan Trainor and Zendaya."

The two women walked out on stage, with Meghan's hair colored auburn red and Zendaya sporting wicked long dreadlocks. Grant leaned forward, remembering the post that promised Becky that both of them would be there. Did this have something to do with her?

"Our first artist is a pop culture icon," Meghan began. "Starting out making Christian music, then launching a career that has lasted for the rest of her life, this artist knows what it's like to live the celebrity life and reflects that in her unique music and style."

"And isn't afraid to strip on camera," Zendaya said, making everyone laugh.

"Our second artist is a breakout star that came from nowhere, with a band that is currently one of the most popular and respected young groups in America," Meghan continued. "Her skill and musical diversity has shocked the nation with her incredible ability to perfectly imitate classics. And her down-to-earth, honest personality is something that everyone can respect."

"So please put your hands together for our once in a lifetime collaboration!" Zendaya said. "Give it up for our close friend Becky Hollies, and the incredible Katy Perry!"

Everyone in the audience went ballistic, but Grant's jaw dropped in disbelief. Becky's surprise was a collab with Katy Perry?! He was beyond blown away.

Much to his surprise, Becky had done a wardrobe change, sporting simple black clothes and some stylish glasses. But she still had her guitar, which meant either she was going to imitate a classic, or something even better (she preferred simple, easy clothes when playing it).

Then Becky started to play the beginning of Katy's classic song, Teenage Dream. Almost immediately everyone was on their feet, especially when Katy started singing the song with Becky playing the guitar position.

"Did you know about this?!" Grant yelled to Cara.

"Nope!" she replied. "But it's still freaking savage! That's Katy Perry! No wonder she was so excited!"

Just when Grant thought things couldn't get any better, they slowed down to a stop, and Becky put her guitar down. Both of them stepped up to the microphones and glanced at each other for a split second. Then five deep, powerful drum beats opened up the song, and everyone lost it. They were performing Katy's hit singe Rise - together. A duet.

Grant just couldn't believe it

Grant just couldn't believe it. The song. Was. Perfect for Becky. Her high vocals worked in perfect harmony with Katy's deeper ones, and the way they switched choruses flowed seamlessly.

And when they finished, the standing ovation lasted for ten minutes.