THE ELLEN DEGENERES SHOW

PART ONE

Grant was used to being on talk shows like this, but Ellen was a bit cleaner of a show than what he had experienced before

Grant was used to being on talk shows like this, but Ellen was a bit cleaner of a show than what he had experienced before. He had been on Late Night With Seth Meyers and Access Hollywood Live, just to name a few, and some questions were raised that he didn't prefer to openly talk about. But from what he had seen and heard, Ellen didn't push her questions.

Becky, however, was a nervous wreck again; she was as soon as they got out of the car. Delaney, Ben, Gabby and Tony all tried to comfort her, but Becky was too absorbed in her fear to pay any attention.

"How about the four of us just perform the song?" Gabby suggested. "You and Becky can do the interview without us."

"You sure?" Grant asked, putting one arm around Becky's shoulders. "It seems unfair."

"Trust me, dude," Tony said. "It's fair for all of us."

Grant heard Ellen call the band's name, and he looked at his friend. "I'll be right here, okay?"

Becky gave a nervous nod. "I hate you. You know that, right?"

Grant laughed. "See? You're already acting like yourself. You keep being yourself, then you'll be fine. Let's go."

Becky was beyond scared as she and Grant walked out from backstage. Performances were one thing, but she had never been interviewed before (she wasn't even used to all the fan mail yet). Still, the cheering crowd and the small atmosphere made her calm down a bit.

When they sat down, Becky immediately turned away and put her face on Grant's shoulder, all her nerves coming back.

"Is she okay?" Ellen asked.

"First interview," Grant explained. "She's a little scared."

The audience's sympathetic "awwwws" made Grant give Becky a quick squeeze.

"Well, that's alright," Ellen said. "She can talk when she's ready."

Becky was scared to even listen to Grant's conversation with Ellen at first, but after a few minutes of him talking about his show The Flash, Ellen moved on to him and Becky.

"So, when and how did you both meet?" Ellen asked.

"We were in elementary school," he said. "Becky was in my music class. I had just transferred from a different school, so I didn't know anyone there or anything about music. And nobody really helped me out. Except for Becky." Ellen smiled and the audience said, "awwww" again.

"He was so clueless," Becky spoke up, resulting in applause from the audience. "Didn't even know the difference between a violin and a viola. So I helped him learn."

"Yea, what is the difference between a violin and a viola?" Ellen asked.

Becky started laughing and shook her head. "One's smaller and has different strings."