GRANT'S VISIT

Becky didn't like anyone seeing her like this - a complete wreck

Becky didn't like anyone seeing her like this - a complete wreck. Panic attacks were one thing, and so was being scared as hell or nervous as hell. But a complete emotional wreck was the worst. She hated when it happened, and it always happened at the worst times.

She especially didn't want Grant to see her like this. But when he knocked on the door a literal fifteen minutes after he said he'd be right over, she figured he would've eventually.

The band had rented a house while they were in New York, so it was Delaney who opened the door and looked at Grant sympathetically. "She's on the couch with CoCo," she said, naming Becky's dog.

Grant was immediately concerned when he saw her. Curled up on the couch, with her hair in a messy ponytail, her eyes droopy and red, and CoCo next to her, she looked like a complete wreck.

"Becks...." He sat on the arm of the couch next to CoCo, who barked and ran off. "What happened?"

"Well, you know....," she said in a hoarse voice. "I'm going to the Billboard Music Awards.... and I'm still freaking out about it. And.... I haven't gotten any sleep for the past two days, so...."

"Becky!" Grant said. "Why?"

"Personal issues," Becky said. She was reluctant to tell him that the fans were following her everywhere, and it was messing with her emotionally, but his expression convinced her that she should. "Persistent fans. It's messing with me."

"God, Becks, why didn't you just call me?" Grant shook his head.

"You were working!" Becky replied in self defense. "I didn't want to fill your head with my problems."

"When you don't tell me, then they become my problems," he said. "You know I'm always here for you. All you gotta do is just call me."

"Yea, I know...." She put her head down on her knees. "I just didn't want to mess up your acting or anything."

Grant smiled. "You are so stupid sometimes. I don't care if I mess up. I mean, it's not good, but if you're having problems, then it doesn't matter."

"You're the stupid one," Becky said, smiling back. "Giving me a Furbie for my fifteenth birthday."

"I thought we got over that," he said. "I had no idea that it would freak you out."

"They freak everyone out."

Grant laughed; she was being more like herself again. "True. Now, are you going to be okay, or do I need to call a celeb friend for support?"

"I'll be fine," Becky said. Even though she looked a mess, she was glad that he came. "Go back to work."

"Okay, but I'm telling you, you need to start thinking about the Billboards. They're a big deal."

"I got that covered. Now leave."

Grant gave her a quick hug. "Okay. And FYI, I'm going with you to the Billboards."

Becky nodded. "I figured. Get out."