BILLBOARDS

PART ONE - THE RED CARPET

This was the first time Becky had ever 1) wore a dress like that and 2) been at an awards show as a performer, not part of the audience

This was the first time Becky had ever 1) wore a dress like that and 2) been at an awards show as a performer, not part of the audience. It was nerve wracking, with all the cameras on her and watching her every move, but she
decided to pose for pictures and just go with it.

After what felt like hours of being photographed, Grant managed to find her and take her down the carpet towards their seats. But about halfway through they were stopped by the correspondents from Extra. Becky's first impulse was to get the fuck away from them, but Grant dragged her over.

"Hey there, Mr. Flash!" Terri Seymour said, addressing Grant. "Fancy seeing you here at a music awards show!"

"Well, I'm just here because of Becky." Grant put his arm around her shoulders and shook her gently. "It's her first awards show, so I didn't want her to go alone."

"That's really sweet. Becky, your band is a huge sensation in the media and music industry. But are you here with just Grant....?"

"No, they're all off somewhere," Becky said. "We decided not to perform together tonight, but I am doing something special without them."

"Ooh, what are you doing?" A.J. Calloway said excitedly.

Becky smiled mischievously; she hadn't even told Grant. "Can't say. But it's pretty awesome."

"I'll take your word for it, then," Terri said. "So are you two dating or not?"

Becky didn't understand why people assumed that she and Grant were dating. There was nothing wrong with being friends with people with dicks and not hopping on them.

"Nope," she said. "Just friends."

"You guys are too cute together to be 'just friends,'" A.J. said in an amused tone.

Becky blushed, and Grant noticed, so he took over, being careful about his choice of words.

"We get that a lot, actually. But we're not dating because we're friends first. I've known Becky since elementary school, and she's literally my best
friend. True, we love each other, but as friends, not as a couple."

"Well spoken, Mr. Gustin," said a voice from behind.

Becky spun around and screamed in happiness at the sight of Cara Delevingne, her closest celebrity friend.

"Cara! Holy shit, what are you doing here?!" Becky said.

"I told you I'd be here, didn't I?" She gave Becky a huge hug.

"Yes, but like.... Oh my god it's just so good to see you!"

"Come on, then, chatterboxes," Cara replied. "Let's go find our seats before the paparazzi go nuts."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR A LEGIT REASON TO USE ARIANA'S COMMENT ON GUY FRIENDS EVER SINCE I SAW/HEARD IT AND NOW I HAVE AND I'M STILL FREAKING OUT ABOUT IT LIKE