33// Stiles the llama.

Start from the beginning

"What if we can prove that Derek's wrong?" Allison suggested, her voice sounding more hopeful than any of the other three teenagers standing around her.

"What, by three o'clock?" Stiles asked incredulously.

"Well there could be something in the bestiary." The Argent girl reasoned, her tone turning irritated.

"Oh, you mean the nine hundred page book written in Archaic Latin that none of us can read? Good luck with that." Stiles sassed, and even though Crystal normally found it quite funny, she could only sigh in annoyance since this wasn't the time for Stiles' pessimism. She knows that Stiles deals with stressful situations by using sarcasm, as does she, however the fact that she or Lydia could die tonight made the whole situation even more scary and much more serious.

"Actually, I think I know somebody that might be able to translate it." Allison spoke after a moment of intense silence.

"Uh... I can-- talk to Derek? Maybe convince him to give us a chance to prove that it's not you or Lydia." Scott turned towards Crystal, and she was just staring at her hands. Crystal thought for a second, maybe she was the Kanima? No, wait, that can't be possible since she saw it with her own eyes. She does understand why Derek is under the impression that her or Lydia was the Kanima, since they were both bitten by an Alpha; but what she doesn't understand is why he won't give them a chance to even try to prove it's not them. She had spent the whole day denying that it's Lydia, but only now was she now beginning to doubt herself.

She shot her head up to look at Scott.

"You can't use the words 'convince' and 'Derek' in the same sentence and not expect me to be a little pessimistic, Scott. You know that he won't stop until he gets what he wants. He doesn't care if it's two sixteen year old girls, he'll kill us without thinking twice about it. I'll help protect Lydia but if he comes at me, I have no way of protecting myself. If by some chance that it's me, guys... let him do it." She said solemnly, ignoring the looks she was getting.

"Are you crazy?" Both Allison and Stiles exclaimed, causing her to roll her eyes.

"If it means protecting you guys, I'd happily die and I know you guys would do the same for me." She said.

"He won't touch you or Lydia, Criss. I won't let him. I can promise you that." Scott told her with determination. Crystal only sighed, seeing Stiles in her peripheral vision. He was livid.

"But if anything happens, you guys let me handle it, okay?" Scott continued, his eyes shifting between the three teenagers.

"What does that mean?" Allison asked, confused.

"It means you can't heal like I do. I just don't want you getting hurt." He lowered his voice, and Allison rolled her eyes as she grabbed a crossbow from her bag and held it up. Crystal's eyes widened and she instantly stepped back, a little shocked.

Allison smirked. "I can protect myself."

It went silent for a moment, everyone exchanging convinced glances.

"I vote Allison to be my body guard for the remainder of the evening." Crystal said, raising her hand.

Her comment was ignored by Scott as he stared at Allison with a concerned look on his face. Stiles just had his gaze set firmly on the ground, his fingers dancing nervously across coaches desk. Crystal felt a wave of guilt hit her like a blow to the stomach, knowing it was her fault he was under this amount of stress. Allison lowered her crossbow and placed it on top of her bag as she looked at Scott, mirroring his expression.