26

Ellen's POV

The drive was silent and the atmosphere felt tense.
But even if the curiosity ate me inside I didn't dare ask Yoongi.
He'll probably tell me once we get home.

We pulled up to the driveway and without a word we stepped into the house.
I took off my boots and before heading upstairs I noticed all of the guys sitting at the dining table.

I changed my direction and walked into the dining hall.

"What's with the long faces?" I silently asked breaking the awkwardness in the air.

Yoongi walked in right after rubbing his temples as a sign there was a new problem.

"Guys!" I finally yelled a little frustrated at their silence making Taehyung and Jungkook flinch.

"Jungkook spotted some of Jihoon's men right outside the coastline highway" Namjoon finally said.

"That doesn't mean they found us....this is an excluded and private neighborhood they can't just pull up" Jimin said.

"We can't rely on that--we don't know what they're up to" Namjoon glared at Jimin who sunk back into the chair.

"If they found us or not we can't just sit around waiting for them to show up!" Hoseok stood up looking frustrated.

"--then we have to act first" Yoongi cleared his throat "tomorrow we're doing the hunting--they want to play dirty then game on...but we will have to boost up the protection."

"Starting tomorrow--Jin your sticking with Ellen taking care of her and Jungkook your taking care of the office it's safer" without an argument they both nodded.

"I want you all ready in the morning we're going back to business starting tomorrow" with that the men stood up and excused themselves into their rooms.

As expected the following morning the guys left  early leaving me and Jin eating breakfast by ourselves.

"So that's all you do? Count money?" I poked the fruit with my fork.

"Basically--Yoongi knows I'm not really good at the action kind of stuff so he offered me the job" he spoke with his mouth full.

"Is it bad?" I mumbled at him "when it comes to the violence?"

He shrugged as he swallowed his food,
"It can get pretty ugly but Yoongi and the others have first-hand experienced torturing and murdering for so long it doesn't faze them anymore."

"Don't let that change your perspective on them--they're good people they just do what's best to stay safe-- I just hope you never have to see them in that state."

Imagining Yoongi or any of them--Hoseok, Jimin let alone Jungkook hurt someone without hesitation was difficult.

I just couldn't believe it but I had to accept that they were criminals...drug dealers...cold blooded killers...but even after all that they were also my family.

"So what do you want to do today?" Jin asked snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Let's go to that new ramen place by the pier?" I asked excitedly "or shopping...."
I looked down at my pajamas "but after we get dressed."

"If it's food I'm all for it" he stood up still in his light pink sweats and we both rushed to get ready.

"Looking astonishing Miss--"Jin held out his arm as I walked out of the room.

"I could say the same about you" I interlocked arms with him as we walked out of the house into his white BMW.

It was around 8:00 pm, the sun had set and the mall was nearly empty.

Jin and I walked side by side each carrying about thirty bags obviously surprised at how fast the hours went by just in a couple of shops.

"I definitely need to eat something now" Jin panted as we walked across the street from the shopping center into the pier.

"It's already late--" I looked at the time "thank God ramen shops don't close until later."

We each ordered our noodles and sat at a table outside looking out to the empty street.

"Do you think Yoongi would be pissed if he saw us strolling around with no guards?" I thought out loud.

"Probably...as long as he doesn't find out." he shrugged it off before walking inside to order a second cup.

I saw a pair of headlights approaching rather quickly in my direction and I looked back inside to see Jin paying the cashier.

Before I could react or do anything a white SUV pulled up right in front of the shop, two men holding guns walked up to me and tried pulling me.

As I tried to hold myself to the ground Jin came out running and spilled his hot noodles onto one of them causing him to jump back cussing at the boiling water.

"Don't try doing anything pretty boy or she dies" the man held the gun to my head and Jin quickly raised his hands.

His face reflected fear and panic.

"D-Don't do a-anything to h-her" was all he managed to stutter.

"Jin run--I don't want you to get hurt--get out of here"

He shook his head and tried running into the man.

"I told you not to try anything! Listen to the girl" the man with the noodles pointed his gun to Jin.

"Don't hurt her--what do you want?! Money" Jin repeated causing both of the men to laugh.

We heard police sirens come closer and closer surprising all of us.
I jerked my head back as hard as I could hitting the man's nose and hearing it crack.

I took his gun and pointed it now to the man holding down Jin.

Drop the gun!" I demanded.
"You won't do shi--" I pulled the trigger shooting his foot before he finished his sentence "you bitch!"

"Run!" I pulled Jin who was covering his head and we ran towards the parking lot.

"We need to go before the police come!" we both literally jumped into the car and sped off.

"Yoongi can't find out about this he'll strangle me himself" Jin said terrorized at his near death experience.

I nodded in agreement looking behind making sure we're not being followed.