Nineteen

Ellen's POV

"Ellen--Ellen I'd rather have you mad at me but safe than being involved and in danger."

I heard Yoongi leaning on the other side of the door.

I hated arguing--I knew we had to stick together even if we disagreed on things.

"We need to stop fighting over the most insignificant things.."
Wow it's like he read my mind.

I slowly opened the door to find him standing there. I walked up to him and he opened his arms to embrace me.

"I just don't want to feel useless" I said in a muffled voice because my face was buried into his chest.

"You're not useless--you shouldn't be involved in such things. You're the only innocent thing I know" he kissed my forehead.

I crawled into bed in defeat--I knew it was a touchy subject so I decided to give it a rest...for now.

Yoongi's POV

I woke up the next morning to some rustling in the bathroom.

"Oh you're up" I saw Ellen peek out her head from the door frame.

I stood up and zombie-walked to the bathroom.

"What are you doing?" I asked as I made my way to the toilet to pee.

"Eww you pig you could've told me to get out"

She was turning her head away from me.

"I didn't want to disturb you you're too focused on your makeup" I laughed as I flushed and tightened my sweats.

I put down the toilet lid and sat on top.

"Why are you sitting on the sink?" I saw her crossed legged on top of the marble counter leaning close to the mirror.

"Because--" she rolled her eyes "I can't reach close enough if I'm standing and I don't have a mirror"

I sat silently intrigued by her concentration.

"Why do you need all that shit for?" I reached over to grab one of the seven sponges next to her other products.

"Because--" was all she said not breaking her attention from the mirror.

"You don't even need it you have perfect skin--pretty eyes, eyelashes and nice lips"

"Aish! You're just kissing ass now" she smiled at me as she put on her lipstick perfectly without looking in the mirror.

"I'd love too" I smirked as she scoffed and walked out.

"Today is just a day at the office nothing important" I said from the bed as Ellen rummaged through the closet.

"Black sweater and grey slacks?" I asked she walked out.

"You're going to wear what I give you and you're going to like it" she threw them at my face making me laugh.

"You're so cute when you're angry" I spanked her butt and before she could react I ran into the bathroom to change.

Ellen's POV

"You're not with your boyfriend today?" asked the old cashier as she handed me two bouquets of flowers.

I shook my head and smiled "he's at work."

"Have a lovely day hopefully I see you next week!" she waved as I walked out.

Coming to visit my mom every week was part of my routine now but today was the first time I came without Yoongi.

"Just invite her for tea already" teased Koosung as I climbed into the truck.

"Shut up and drive" I rolled my eyes.

"What are the other flowers for boss?" Jonah turned and pushed down his sunglasses to the bridge of his nose.

"Yoongi's office it needs some color and I want to surprise him" I said as we pulled up to the cemetery.

As always I talked with my mom for a couple of minutes replaced the flowers and left.

"Ellen!" I heard a faint voice.

Alarmed I quickly turned around to see Zoe walking towards me.

Traitor.

"I need to talk to you" she ran up to me and tried hugging me.

"Don't fucking touch me--" I pushed her and I quickly felt Koosung and Jonah run next to me.

"Fucking traitor--stop following me if I see you near me again I'll make you regret it."

I spoke over her not letting her speak.

As soon as I climbed into the truck I felt the tears fall down my cheeks.

I have to be strong.

We arrived in front of the building.

There was something different today it felt empty.

I got off and walked in followed by Koosung.

"Fucking shit!" I heard Yoongi's voice echo as soon as the elevator doors opened.

I slowly walked to his office to see Namjoon pacing around the room, Jimin standing in a corner and Yoongi sitting down rubbing his temples.

"We can't do that--" Namjoon started.

"I know!" Yoongi abruptly interrupted throwing everything off his desk.

I have never seen him like this.

But I have to know what's going on.

I walked in quickly getting their attention.

"What's going on?" I spoke softly as I massaged Yoongi's shoulders.

He took a couple of deep breaths to calm down.

"Baby?"

He shook his head not ready to speak.
I turned to Namjoon and Jimin for answers.

"Jihoon just killed four of our men--" Namjoon said slowly "in their own homes."

I was speechless-- anger was the only thing I felt.

"Yoongi wants to do the same; but I think it's better if we separate so they won't target us easily" he finished.

I turned to Jimin who seemed deep in thought.

"Jimin?"

He shook his head and cleared his throat.

"I'm fucking pissed, I think we should go after them but I'm also worried about them targeting us first"

I nodded and looked down at Yoongi who was still rubbing his forehead.

"I-I think th-that if they want to play dirty we can do it ten times worse as long as we're all together--as a family" I said still rubbing Yoongi's shoulders.

We all stood silent including Koosung who was leaning on the door frame until we heard two gunshots echo from outside.

We all stood up and glanced at each other.

"J-Jonah?" I felt my voice break in terror.

Once we all ran outside we saw the drivers door open and Jonah body lying on a pool of blood.

"No!" I ran to him and hugged his body as Koosung pulled me away with tears in his eyes.

"I'm sorry" was all I managed to say.

I fell into Yoongi's arms as I gasped for air in between sobs.

"We stick together" nodded Namjoon.

"Let's get those bastards" I heard Jimin say as he patted Koosung's shoulder.

"Call the others--pack your shit you're moving in" ordered Yoongi as we waited for the guards to pick up the body "let's get out of here before the cops show up."