Chapter 15 : The Gem and his Form

There is something about human nature that makes you think that humans may not be the highest form of beings in the universe. The human brain is complex and sensitive. Human morals are questionable. Human philosophies are contradicting. Humans may have strong hold, but majority is manipulatable. I don't know why, in the universe's creation, can a human be greedy to the exterminate an entire country.

I am a human myself. I can be sensitive. I can be questionable. I can be conflicting. I can be greedy. Because of this, I cannot even look at Araki.

He prepares tea for the afternoon, his boots heard as he walks all over the cottage's wooden floor. After a while, he approaches me with a cup in hand. The tea smells so good so I took it and sip on it gently.

"What's the matter? Your mood has changed." He asked

"Oh, this is nothing. I'm just hoping that Geddy is safe somewhere."

"Has any of my statements helped you deduce something about his whereabouts?"

I hesitantly shook my head.

"I apologize, for that was all I can tell. I was not that aware of my count..."

"Araki, you gave more than enough. Please don't feel bad about it. I may not know about my cousin, but this is a lead to my own investigation. About the mysterious drug syndicate in this province. Now that I know what they're doing, it could be a tad easier to track them." I explained, then smiled at him, although it's a little heavier to smile today.

"But your cousin is more important."

"I know. That's why I'm going back to investigate more. I don't even know if his lost is a part of this syndicate, but I will see." I gave him the emptied cup of tea then stood up, heading for his portal.

"Wait." He stopped me using his hand, but inevitably, he scratched me with his long nail. He snatched his hand towards his chest. I flinched, of course, but his worried face made me forgive him easily. "I apologize. I didn't mean to. I swear I will study to morph myself into human form so that I could be near you without hurting you."

"It's fine Araki. It's just a scratch." He took a vial from his cabinet then held my wound high. Instead of just dropping the liquid, his hand flail around the vial, then the liquid floated just above his hand as it begins to spin and glow. Magic.

"It's a special technique only Registered Ilalim Doctors can do. This is how I treated you the first time you stumbled here."

After a few seconds, the treatment was done and even a scar is not evident.

"Wow." I reacted. "The first time I stumbled here. How could I forget?"

"I will never forget that day."

"I remember pointing gun at you, and back then, you just wanted me to leave." I laughed.

"Not really. I remember wanting to get the potion out of your system." He said, and with that, my laugh died down. Ow, right. What I'm feeling towards him isn't true. It's just the potion. I'm not really in love with him. But in the surface, my brain is saying it's true.

"And I'm serious." He continued. "I still have the plan of giving you an antidote, Hansel. You're a fine young man, you deserve to love truly with what your heart desires. You are not supposed to love someone out of potion. You're not supposed to love me."

I just nodded. "But it's what I feel now. I know I'm just under accidental spell, but it's too bothersome to contradict feelings now." I smiled at him. "For now, I have the right to say I love you."

He was taken aback, I could tell. He took the cups to his sink then washed them, leaving me alone at the dining area, which, by the way, was only a meter away from the kitchen. Did I mention how small this cottage is?