Chapter 5: The memory

"What's wrong with you sleeping in your police car beside the empty road? Have you forgotten what's in there? I told you to stay away from that place!" Geddy was shouting at me the moment we stepped our foot in our house.

"Seriously. What's the big deal? I'm a police officer, Geddy. You are stronger but it does not mean that I can't protect myself. What's going to happen, some punks would get my wallet then rape me?"

"You know that's not what I'm worried about!" He shouted.

"Then what?" I stressed.

"The creature that enchanted you, sucker!" He shouted his non-sense.

"Just what the hell are you talking about? What creature? What enchanted me? Don't tell me you believe in that bullshit?" I retorted back.

His expressions said he gives up with me. He raised his palms up in defeat and went back to his room while he murmurs curse words directed to me.

After dinner, we went to our respected rooms. On the hallway before my room, I noticed the broken window temporarily fixed by metal bars and wooden planks. I remember when Geddy had to fix it because a thief thought it was a good idea to openly rob the house of two policemen. Poor thief.

I continued to walk down the hallway when I heard a violent gash of wind in Geddy's room. I heard him curse so I went to my room and fetched my gun. When I came back, I was expecting for a happening, but what I saw boggled my mind out. A tree branch was curling a blue midnight flower that glows from within. It's like a toy flower with a light inside, but this one looks more alive and shiny. As it enters Geddy's room, the branch writhed and wilted, followed by a small nature squeak. Despite of that, the little wilted branch continued its journey inside Geddy's room.

"Just go away, fuck-tard." Geddy threw a pitcher of water on the branch. The branch let go of the flower and retreated back to the main tree. Poor thing did its best to deliver the flower into Geddy's room, but that's not the problem.

The branch just fucking moved.

Geddy picked the flower from the floor then threw it out, intentionally hitting the tree. He closed his window and walks back to his bed to sleep, but not until he noticed me standing on his doorway with a pointing gun and a shocked expression.

"Hansel?"

"Geddy."

"What are you doing there, Hansel? Put your gun down. The fuck-tard is out."

"What is that, Geddy?" I breathed out.

"What do you mean?" He asked quizzically.

"The branch. The branch, Geddy. It moved. It sent a flower for you. Why? What is that? Why are you acting like it is normal?"

Geddy seemed to cock his head on the side with a range of confusion to relief. He then said, "Because Queen Bubblegum of the candy kingdom ordered Marceline to kill you, Hansel. Now you go to sleep to go back to Earth." He then approached me and knocked my head.

~*~

"Geddy, are sure it was a dream? It felt so real. My head even hurts when I woke up." I said on the dining table as Geddy cooks our breakfast.

"Is that the reason why I heard a loud bang in your room?" He explained.

"Ow. So I hit my head?"

He placed the eggs, hotdogs, and rice on the table. "Seriously, you're supposed to be the smartest detective in NBI."

"But this is different from the other dreams I had." I insisted.

"Okay, tell your story again." He challenged as he crossed his arms around his chest.