Chapter 10: The flower.

I stood up, approaching the creature. I opened my arms and hugged him. I need this. My heart feels like a puzzle with a long lost piece, and that piece has just been found. He patted my back, then pranced his slender grey hands on my head, careful not to hit me with those long black nails. He stepped back immediately in shock as if he did what he shouldn't be doing. I just looked at him in wonder, having the slightest idea why, then he looked sideways, avoiding my sight.

"Like Geddie said, we have to neutralize the memory spell." He put his palms on the tree trunk. After a few moments of waiting, it glowed from within, the barks slowly changing its design, making way to open a portal. To say I was astounded was an understatement. I sure have an idea that I was dealing with a supernatural here, but seeing it with my own eyes suddenly makes it feel different. "This is my house. Please enter."

We followed suit. Geddie was cautious, making sure he had me within his peripheral vision.

I don't know what the memory spell is, but by the sound of it, it was responsible for my false memories. Once I entered the portal on the tree, it's like magic, and we have been directed to a small cottage with normal windows and door. A tea table. A webby ceiling. A cupboard. And a bed made of soft and comfortable cots. Finally, all the puzzle pieces have been collected to complete a precise picture, and I can't help but be overwhelmed. We stood awkwardly in the middle of his small cottage. I could only take a few steps around the house to see all the corners, and with the three of us here, it's cramped. I looked around the cottage again, and the familiarity is killing my mind. But it's nostalgic. It's relaxing. It's the place I've been wanting to visit all these time.

"You are crying, human." The creature was about to reach his hands to my cheek, but stopped abruptly. He retreated his hand to himself and looked at his nails.

"It's fine." I smiled. I wiped my own tears away and looked at his eyes. In those eyes, I could see the hesitation. The danger he could cause me with those finger nails is obvious, but I feel sorry that he had to retract his hands.

He just turned his back on me and started looking over his cupboard. "I will make you a tea. Please wait for a while."

"No, you don't have to. We want to leave immediately." Geddie interjected warily. It's obvious that he wants to finish the business and leave. I mean, there's a reason why he hid all of these things after all. I will know that, in time. "Unless that is the spell neutralizer."

"Yes it is." He said.

"Then make it faster."

I glared at Geddie, he just glanced away and walked to the windows, leaving me and the creature to the small tea table.

"I apologize that you suffered more than expected. I did not consider that the feelings will not be forgotten. I guess human emotions are more complicated than I thought." He took out a tea cup and a few vials in different colors. He mixes them with right amount. Are those potions or something?

"Yeah right." I snapped. I can't help but be angry, okay? He made me suffer like this.

The creature paused, looked at me with sad eyes, but then gave me the tea. "I'm really sorry."

"I was outside the entire time. I was hungry. I was tired. Then it rained. Didn't you see?" I said in trembling voice. The creature went silent, contemplating on his hands.

"Please drink your tea."

I began drinking my tea. It smelled like Chamomile with a touch of Earl Grey. It's sweet and wonderful. I looked at him over the cup as he smiles at me, telling me that I should finish till the bottom. I did, and put the finished cup on the table. It was tasteless, though. Unlike the witch movies I usually watch. They said it's bitter like human medicine.

"So what now? My memories still doesn't make sense." I said in piercing voice.

"Later, you will fall asleep. Let's wait for it. When you wake up, you will remember."

"I want to sleep here." I said.

"But..."

"No! That's the least that you can do for me. And don't you dare use another spell on me because I will... I swear I will exorcise you, demon."

He just looked at me in shock. I am shocked as well, but I was almost desperate to be with him. "Do you understand? Say yes, dammit!"

"Yes, human." He swallowed.

"Call me Hansel."

"Yes, Hansel." I glanced at Geddie's way to let him know that he can do nothing about it, but when I saw his pained face facing the window, I swallowed my incoming snap. I remembered my dream with him, the tree branch and the blue midnight flower. The creature seemed to notice my line of sight.

"Come to think of it, he mentioned Dimito." He murmured.

"Who's Dimito?" He smiled at me.

"Your memory will refresh you in the morning. But for now, you have to rest." I blushed and nodded. He cares about my well-being, right? By the look of guilt on his face, maybe he really feels sorry, and I'm not really rejected. That makes me happy.

He helped me lay down on his bed of cots, then covered me with one of the cots to serve as a blanket. It's a gesture you usually do to your lover, and with that, I can't help but look at him the entire time he lays me down. "Kiss me." I teased. His face held back for a while, but then kissed my forehead anyway. My heart fluttered with joy. I've been looking for this joy and peace for the past three days. I feel so contented now.

"What's your name?" I asked, finally.

"Araki." He said. I like the name. It's so native and unique.

He approached Geddie to tell him that he can sleep on the cots. I noticed the way he was gently approaching Geddie, like he feels like he's in an emotional turmoil. I don't know that, but maybe I will know tomorrow so I could help Geddie.

Geddie went behind me to lay down on the cots. He's beside the wall, so I'm facing the open space of the cottage. I would have pouted because Araki will not be able to sleep beside me, but then, he took his one and only chair, put it beside the bed, then sat on it, facing me.

He's watching over me, and I had to hide my smile behind the sheets.

However, he turned off his lights in one prance of his hand. The lights are coming from non-wax candles surrounding his house. There comes the complete darkness because of the lack of moon light outside. The rain is still going on, and it's creeping me out.

"Hey." I called.

"Yes, Hansel?"

"Don't you have a night light or something with faint glow? It's too dark, it scares me."

He stood up, opened his door, and then came back with something glowing. He put it on the tea table, and with that light, I can see him smile.

"I cherish this." He said.

"Why?"

"Because you gave it to me."

He sat back on his chair and arranged the cot over me. I looked over the tea table and appreciated the beautiful flower in a pot. It's a red rose with a faint and wonderful glow from within.