Chapter 2 - Pheonix Drop

Things to know:

Y/N= your name

L/N=last name

F/C=your fav color

H/C=your hair color

E/C=your eye color

(I will add more as the book goes on)

We started walking down a gravel path. "Y/N, right?" He asked me. 

"Um, yeah." 

"Why were those O'khasis guards chasing you?" 

I didn't know how to answer that. I knew why, but if I told him, he would take me right back to O'khasis. "Well, I may have accidentally knocked out the High Priest." That's a lie. 

"And how did you manage to do that?" 

"Um, I was practicing using my sword." Another lie. 

"Really?" 

"Yeah, I wanted to be a guard, so I had to practice using a sword. He walked in front of me when I wasn't paying attention and I may or may not have knocked him out." Another lie. He stopped in his tracks. 

Aaron burst out laughing. "R-really. Wow, he sure is dumb." 

Soon enough, I couldn't hold in my laughter. I laughed so hard I started crying. "I know right!"

After a few minutes of laughing, we started walking again. "So," I said. "Who is the lord of Phoenix Drop?" 

"Our lords' name is Aphmau. She is a rea-" 

I cut him off. "WAIT! APHMAU? APHMAU L/N?" 

"Yeah, why?" 

"IT DOESN'T MATTER WHY! I NEED TO SEE HER!" I bolted off to the gate since we were almost there. Well, I tried to bolt to the gate. It was more of an almost-kill-yourself-because-of-your-leg kind of thing. I tripped and almost fell to my death until I felt Aaron grabbed my wrists. He pulled me back up. 

"Calm down, jeez. You almost killed yourself there." 

"Yeah, I know. Um, t-thanks for catching me." 

"No problem. Now, why are you in such a rush?" 

"Long story, I'll tell you later" 

"Okay....." 

"COME ON" 

"Okay, okay. Jeez."

Aaron's P.O.V 

I yelled for Travis to open the gates. "Hey! Travis! Open the gate!" 

"Okay!" The gate slowly disappeared into the top of the bridge/tower thing. "And what a fine pretty lady we have h-" 

Before he could finish, Y/N knocked him out cold. "Wow, guess that guard training really came in handy." 

"Um, yeah, I guess it did." We started walking down the gravel path. Y/N kept whipping her head back and forth from side to side. "You're looking for Aphmau, aren't you?" 

"W-what? No, I'm looking for food. Yeah yeah, food." 

"Sure you are." 

"I am!"

"Okay, whatever." We kept walking. Then, all of a sudden, Y/N bolted forward. Okay, she tried too. Again. She must have forgotten about her leg. Again. I grabbed her wrist before she fell. I tried to pull her up, again, but she grabbed both my wrists and pulled me down with her. We both fell and landed on the cold, hard gravel path.

Y/N P.O.V

When Aaron caught me, I decided to have a little fun. So, instead of letting him pull me up, I grabbed both his wrists and pulled him down. We landed on the cold and extremely hard gravel path. We landed on our backs with a loud THUMP! It did hurt, but it was definitely worth it, seeing his face as I pulled him down with me. "Y-your f-f-face w-was pr-priceless!" I couldn't hold in my laughter anymore. It was so funny! 

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever." He got right back up. I tried to, but my stupid leg didn't let me. So I fell back down. He offered me his hand, again, and he pulled me back up.  

"Aaron?" 

"Yeah?" 

"Can I ask you something?" 

"Sure, why not?" 

"Okay. Why did you help me in the forest? You didn't know me and I never did anything for you? Is there a reason or are you just like that?"

Aaron's P.O.V

"Okay. Why did you help me in the forest? You didn't know me and I never did anything for you? Is there a reason or are you just like that?"

"I-I don't know. I saw you running. I wasn't going to bother you but then I heard the horses and saw all the O'khasis guards. And I know O'khasis is bad news. Especially after the high priest-" I stopped there. I never told anyone about that. "Anyway, I followed them. Then I saw you running and trip over that branch. I was about to run over but the guards got to you first. So, I watched. I saw one getting ready to swing their sword. When you closed your eyes, I ran over and stabbed the one about to kill you. They all chased after me for a bit, but I eventually killed every last one of them. I didn't notice the gash in your leg at first, but I definitely needed to know if they hurt you because you looked really bruised up. After I saw your leg I knew you needed help. So, I helped you. And I'm glad I did if you're a friend of Aphmau." 

"Oh, my Irene Aphmau! I need to see her a soon as I possibly can!"  She started to walk, very slowly. So instead of letting her walk, I threw her over my shoulder.

Y/N's P.O.V

I completely forgot about Aphmau! I started to walk forward, but I did very slowly. Like very slowly. Aaron walked in front of me. I was about to yell at him for getting in my way but before I could he threw me over his shoulder! Like what the hell! "Aaron! Put me down!"

"Nope!" He said and popped the 'p'. 

"But Aar-" 

"Y/N, I said no."  

"Fine."

After a few minutes of me hanging on his shoulder, he put me down. I didn't know why at first, but then I looked into the plaza, and there she was, there was Aphmau!

"A-Aphy!"

A/N: Don't you just love cliffhangers! I know I don't! But I know what's happening in the next chapter so it's okay! Mwahahahahaha! I'm so evil! Anyway, thank you all so much for reading! I hope you're enjoying the book so far! Ba-bye!  -Gabby