"Marines don't kill silly girl. Not as much as you anyways...I wonder," Smoker sang, "how many children you've killed?"

You blinked.

"What?"

Smoker's dark smile widened.

"Look at your hands."

You looked down, eyes widening. Your hands were covered in blood. It was still wet but sticky, the copper scent filling up your nose and you wanted to cough. You couldn't breath...!

"Wha—?!"

Drops of crimson fell onto the white bare floor, seeming to glare at you. You looked up to question Smoker and perhaps try to calm down, but a monstrous face took form of Smoker. A sick evil grin smiling down at you.

"Hahaha! You?! A marine?! Don't make me laugh!"

The previous marines turned monstrous as well, pointy smiles that could cut mocking you.

"You're nothing but a monstrous pirate who knows how to kill! You've killed so many innocents! Hahaha!"

Their laughs surrounded you, then screams of various people. You wanted to cover your ears but your hands were still filled with blood.

"No!" You began to scream back, closing your eyes and releasing your sword from its sheath. Blindly slashing and cutting, wanting the screaming and laughing to stop.

Where did this blood come from?

"No!"

You're...not a monster are you?

"NO!"

What kind of marine are you with these bloody hands?!

"MAKE IT STOP!"

You are a monster!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You woke with a start on your bed , sweat pouring out your whole body as you panted.

Your fists were already clenching into something, your Marine cap. You tried to breath in and out, attempting to calm your racing heart. You looked down at your cap, tired eyes gazing down at it.

The word 'MARINE' stared back at you, your hands now holding it gently. Like it was the most fragile object in the seven seas. Like it was your whole world.

It was.

Your fingers grazed the cap, staring at it. Somehow looking at it made your breath calm finally. It usually took longer for you to calm down from your nightmares. Those horrendous and repetitive nightmares, visiting you every time you tried to sleep.

'I'm not a monster.' You thought, bringing the cap close to your chest. Closing your eyes that looked too old and tired for a twenty two year old like you.

'I'm not a monster,' You repeated, 'that wasn't Smoker. He would never think that way about me. I'm not a monster.' Your closed eyes tightened, you squeezing your cap as close as you can. Thinking maybe if you squeezed hard enough you can go back.

Back to them.

"I'm not a monster."

You felt your eyes water behind your lids, and you forced the tears back in. Like you've always done the past six years.

'Weak. I'm weak if I cry. I have to be strong.' You thought, scolding yourself with furrowed brows and a frown.

You have to be strong. You can't cry. Stay strong.