Girls vs. Boys (12) - Oblivious Jordan

Start from the beginning

I felt my heart plummet into my stomach when I saw who was now standing in front of me. Dallas and Trinity, looking all cute like a couple should. It made me sick to my stomach. Maybe I was the one with food poisoning now.

Maybe if I just kept walking they wouldn’t see me…

“Hi, Jordan!” Trinity greeted, almost cussing me to cuss out loud. “I love your dress!”

I smiled at her, even though I really felt like telling her to screw off. “Thanks. I like yours, too.”

“I told her she looked hot in it, but she didn’t believe me,” Dallas informed me, wrapping his arm around his girlfriend’s waist and pulling her closer to him.

Ugly was the last thing that Trinity was. I hated to admit it, but she was gorgeous, and it just made me feel even more jealous of her. She had beauty and Dallas.

Trinity giggled, wrapping her arms around her boyfriend’s neck and making me sick to my stomach even more. Could I puke because of this? “You’re so cute, Dallas. I love you.”

I felt my whole body stiffen just from those three words. I had assumed that they had told each other this before, but I hadn’t ever heard either of them say it. I felt myself hoping and praying that Dallas wouldn’t say it, but I knew that I was asking for too much.

He smiled down at his girlfriend. “I love you, too.”

I felt tears spring to my eyes, and I couldn’t take it anymore. I hated that I was getting so damn emotional, and I wanted to cry without anyone there to judge me. I spun on my heel, starting off toward the stairs before either Dallas or Trinity could stop me.

I barged into my room, slamming my door shut and collapsing onto my bed. I didn’t cry right away, and I didn’t really understand why. But after I laid there and thought about it for about a minute or two, I felt the tears sliding down my face almost rapidly.

When I heard my door open, I sat up as quickly as I could have and wiped my face. Did someone think that this was a bathroom or something? It would be so embarrassing to be caught crying by some stranger!

But I would have loved for it to be a stranger than who actually stood before me. I felt myself scowl when I saw Jesse in the doorway, whose face was a mix between surprise and a smirk.

“Get out,” I growled.

“Are you all upset because your boyfriend is practically all over some blonde bimbo out there?” Jesse asked, and I didn’t even have to look up at him to know that he was smirking. It did make me feel a little better that he called her a bimbo, though. “I told you he was going to hurt you.”

“He isn’t my boyfriend,” I blurted before I even knew it, and I felt myself internally slap myself in the face. There went almost two months of pretending! “… He never was my boyfriend. He’s just a really good friend of mine.”

Jesse stared at me for a few moments, and I couldn’t tell what he was thinking. For the first time, I just couldn’t read his face. I just didn’t know what he was thinking. He didn’t look like he was about to laugh or make fun of me, but with Jesse, you never knew.

He continued to stay silent, and I just wanted him to laugh at me or something. It would have been better than him just standing there staring at me. Just laugh at me and get it over with, Jesse… You caught me in a lie!

Jesse eyed me wearily. “Oh. So you like him.”

“No,” I snapped, shaking my head as quickly as my neck would let me. “I don’t like him. You’re crazy for thinking I do.”