Wedding Bells

Wedding Bells

Eyes on me, but for once I don't mind. I don't want to shy away because today I am feeling proud and happy to be getting married. My dress feels light yet beautiful against my figure when it flows as I walk down the aisle towards the love of my life who is soon to be my husband. We – well I – didn't go silly with the wedding, my dress is simple without a train so that my brother can walk me down the aisle without getting the fabric caught in the wheels of his chair. My dress is a white lace travelling down to about a centimetre off the floor, the neck line is low and sleeves cut to just below my shoulders. It is very simple but elegant and very me.

This morning Sarah did my hair, she styled my short pixie cut so I have a slight fringe travelling to the left but in my hair she has placed a very lovely, delicate decoration. It is a white leaf like fabric with loose threads stitched onto a plain headband. It really looks beautiful and was made especially for me which I am very pleased about. It is something that I will cherish forever.

Josh holds my hand in his as we manoeuvre down the thin aisle, with Liam pushing his chair slowly, I can see Peanut taking lots of photographs out of the corner of my eye. Who needs a photographer when you Peanut Baines there with his flashy camera and steady hands?

The ceremony passes in a blink of an eye very smoothly, we both remembered our lines and Rick managed to put the ring on my finger even with his hands shaking. I have never seen him so nervous. He looks incredibly handsome in his dapper suit with waistcoat, braces and blue/grey tie and pocket square. People applauded as we left and they applauded when we arrived at the reception; me in a silk, green dress and him without his jacket and tie still looking as dashing as ever. The waistcoat is also left forgotten at some point.

I have had a friendly chat with Lesley and Rick has had a friendly chat with Oliver, there hasn't been any issues in fact it has been perfect. The atmosphere is fantastic and actually more star studded than I thought it would have been. We have the cricketers and musicians mingling with drinks in their hands including Sir Tom Jones who getting on very well with my brother and Liam, it makes me smile.

Rick approaches me with a huge grin and another glass of champagne which I take from him with a smile to match his. 'Thank you.'

'It is alright, Mrs Wilson.' I chuckle at this; he must have said Mrs Wilson at least fifty times since the ceremony. I don't mind though; in fact, I love it. I love being Mrs Wilson! Suddenly, Peanut appears with his camera and starts to take some picture of us, some posed others not. 'Thanks Peanut.'

'It is no problem Rick...' The weird thing is though they acting strangely towards each other, their eye contact does not break. 'We could do with your help with something.' He hints so Rick excuses himself and follows Peanut out of the room. Strange.

'You shouldn't be alone.' I hear Rah's voice behind me followed by a giggle from little Buddy who is being held in her arms becoming more and more irritable. It is a long day for a toddler. 'It is your wedding day!' She giggles and I join which is when I notice that there is no Vijay nearby and it is in fact Sarah who is watching Pearl.

'Where are the guys?' I look around and realise that I cannot see any of them. Not Rick, Vijay, Peanut, Whitey or Simon.

'They must be up to something.' As if on cue, a squeak of a microphone makes everyone turn towards the slightly raised area and I see Rick – looking nervous once again – stood behind the mic stand.

'Hello everyone.' His voice wavers, 'Thank you all for coming to both mine and Kase's wedding. It really means a lot to us...' He trails but everyone listens contently and I wonder whether he is going to make a speech or not. We didn't discuss it. 'Why am I so nervous? I spend my life on stage for crying out loud!' He jokes and the room chuckles in sort of agreement. 'I spent my stag do writing a song. And not a song for public release but one for today.' I find myself gasping as his eyes find mine. Love pouring out of them. 'To play in front of those who came to celebrate our love.' Is he going to sing? 'Guys, you can come out now.'