Back to Birmingham

Back to Birmingham

The bright light of my curtains being open but me being in bed is what I am met with once I peel open my eyelids in discomfort. I rub my eyes feeling very disorientated confused about what really happened last night. I remember the party vividly most likely because of the fact I am still wearing last night's clothes but then I remember leaving and...Ricky. Him holding my hand and kissing me like he cares but me shutting him out confusing him to no end. He must have brought me back.

I push my body up in bed and peer at my alarm clock sat on my bedside table. Shit! I spring out of bed and rush into the kitchen where Ricky is cooking breakfast in the frying pan while singing something under his breath. He turns to me when he notices my presence. 'Oh hey Kase. I am making breakfast; I was just about to wake you.' He tells me as he stirs the frying bacon around the pan. 'By the way I called the cricket club to tell them that you were going to miss the coach going to Birmingham but I said I will take you so you won't be late for the match. They were fine with it.' Two slices of toast pop up and out of the toaster which Ricky then grabs and puts on a plate to butter.

'I am sorry Ricky.' I speak softly.

'Don't worry about.' He waves my apology off as he starts to butter the toast. He must have so many questions about last night and why I broke down. I practically rejected him yet he is still here, he brought me home and now is making me breakfast. He is such a gentleman. 'I had to investigate your fridge to work out what you would eat, so I have settled with poached egg on toast with bacon.'

'That sounds great.' I say as I sit down at the table and watch him remove the poached egg from the pan of boiling water to place it on top of the toast. He then delicately places the two pieces of bacon on top. 'What are you eating?' I ask him.

'I have already had mine. I had scrambled eggs on toast.' He smiles at me but for some reason the smile doesn't reach his eyes making me suddenly feel bad. I was such a bitch last night so no wonder he looks sad. 'Voila!' He exclaims as he puts down the plate in front of me making me smile.

'Thank you.' I mumble and start to dig into the food.

'We will leave in an hour.' He alerts me as he starts to wash up the dirty pans in the sink without a second thought. His hands working furiously at the pan to get the grease from the bacon off. 'I might hang around and watch the game actually. It has been a while since I have watched a cricket match at a ground.' The taste of the smoky bacon tingles my taste buds mixed with the yellow egg yolk tastes amazing. Who knew Ricky Wilson was a cook?

'Haven't you got band stuff to do though Ricky? I don't mind driving down myself if you are busy.' I rush, 'I know you must have a busy schedule.'

He chuckles at this and shakes his head. 'Not really.' He dries up the pan with my floral tea towel before putting it back in the drawer where he found it. 'After the game though I am going to drive to London as my radio show is tomorrow. You can either come with and stay with me in London as I think you have an away game at the Oval, in London in a few days or you can travel back up here with the team.' He knows my schedule better than I do. He must have had a real in depth conversation with someone at the club. How embarrassing...I haven't worked there long.

'Err...sure.'

'Really?' He asks me, his eyes lighting up like it is Christmas.

'Yeah. It would be nice to go to London.' I think out loud.

\~.~.~.~.~/

I tap my foot to the beat of the music being played throughout Ricky's car as we continue to drive along the motorway in silence. This morning after I finished my breakfast, Ricky left to go and pick up his car from the studio and then returned some time later to pick me up after what I can assume to be quite a heated discussion with the rest of the guys about why he left the party and why he hasn't helped clear up. I was surprised to say the least when he rocked up in a blue, Honda civic type R. It doesn't seem very rock star to me and when I pointed this out he went on a rant about how much he loves the Honda civic and how he has had many of them throughout the years. Apparently he is also now a Honda ambassador.