First and Final Gig

First and Final Gig

As soon as I heard the front door open, excitement and relief both flooded through my veins. Ricky is back and I have missed him so much. The past few days have been pretty uneventful with me spending most of it either on the sofa or in bed but the steroids have acted immediately and I can manage walking around the house in short bursts. Sarah has been popping around to help me get up and bringing food which I am incredibly thankful for.

She did come this morning to help me bathe which I did find pretty embarrassing but at least now a stinky Kasey is not welcoming Ricky home. Although I am sure that he isn't exactly the most fragrant of people after hanging around on a stuffy tour bus. The band do have their last gig tonight here in Leeds and it is the one that they have been the most looking forward to. They always relish the home gigs and I predict that tonight is going to be pretty special. I cannot wait!

At first, I thought that perhaps I won't be able to go tonight because of being in this relapse situation but there has been a change of plan and instead of cheering out from the crowd I will be sat in the wings with Liam. Ricky invited him to say thanks for helping me and he was ecstatic at the offer. It will be the first time I see the Kaiser Chiefs live and I cannot wait!

A few minutes after hearing the front door open I wonder if maybe I was hearing things until Ricky pokes his head around the door looking absolutely trashed. 'Hey love.' He greets me and steps inside. He dives into his space on the bed before pulling me into a large hug. 'I've missed you.'

'I have missed you too. So much.' He snuggles me close to him and I relish in the feeling having been without it for so long. I could have done with this a few days ago but I couldn't exactly stop him from turning up to their Manchester gig. It would have been an interesting night.

We start to kiss very deeply and passionately as his hands roam my fragile figure but as gently as he can. At first he tries to not touch me at all obviously worried that I would break under his touch but I urged him on by pulling him, with all my strength, closer to me. He is now straddling me whilst leaving trails of kisses down my face and neck making me moan in excitement. 'Is this okay?' He asks. I don't respond with words but instead pull his face towards mine and kiss him hungrily. 'I will take that as a yes.' He smirks against my lips as he starts to fumble with my pyjama shorts...

'Did you buy the ties?' I question as we lay with our naked bodies pressed against each other.

'Yeah...' He trails tiredly.

'What are they like?'

'They are kind of like...a silvery-blue colour.' Wow, that will definitely suit him and his enticing blue eyes. 'Whitey is looking after mine, and my suit.'

'Are you sure that is a good idea?' I question remembering the "where is my suitcase?" incident of 2016 quite clearly.

'Yeah, he is usually pretty organised. That was a one off.' He replies obviously realising the incident I am referring to. 'I might leave him in charge of the rings.' My eyes widen in horror. 'It is either that or Vijay, a man who will be running after his two very young children, Peanut, the person who I think is the most disorganised out of the five of us or Simon, someone who can never find his phone when it is in his own coat pocket.' He makes a fair point. 'Or your brother.'

'Definitely not.' I shake my head quickly, 'Josh would lose his head if it weren't screwed on.'

'So have we agreed that Whitey is the best option to look after my ring to you?' I nod, 'Who is going to look after your ring to me?' That is something I haven't really thought about. We don't have ring bearers or bridesmaids or maid-of-honours or best men...unless you count the Kaiser Chiefs who I guess are – as a group – Ricky's best man.