Tidying Up

Tidying Up

It is nine in the morning and it has been less than twelve hours since I left the studio last night. I am now walking from my flat to the studio which will take me about ten minutes if I walk at a high pace which I like to do. It feels like exercise without having to run. Yes, I am actually quite lazy for a sport's physiotherapist but I feel like I have to keep in good shape whilst hanging out with a cricket team who are all so fit and could run a mile without any issues. I am still very tired from yesterday so I haven't made much effort to make myself look presentable with my ripped blue jeans, purple hoodie and grey beanie. But hey, I am spending my day tidying up a studio, don't want to wear anything that could get damaged.

I continue to walk down the road passing many pedestrians some with children others by themselves. I send them a polite smile as I pass with a nod, some return it, others do not. I take in my surroundings as I walk from the bakery to the off license, the casino to the newsagents and a couple of charity shops dotted around. It is quite a quiet road compared to some others in Leeds which is why I like it. It has good services on, nice people so it is the perfect place to live. I just wish that I knew more people...perhaps I can contact some of the people I met at the party. Worth a shot at least.

I turn a couple of corners and head down a side road to get to the back door of the studio. It's funny. I have never seen the front. I giggle at the thought before pulling open the door and entering the studio once again which is still a mess but this time there is a slightly different smell in the air. The smell of booze. I notice the two empty boxes by the sofas which are being slept on by different figures making me sigh. They are not up yet. I tip toe past the band; Ricky and Whitey are huddled up on the floor, Vijay in the armchair and Simon and Peanut are top-tailing on the sofa. None of them awake at my presence...they really must be out of it.

I walk past them and straight into miniature kitchen area which is pretty neat considering what happened. I grab five, random glasses from the cupboard and fill them with water before putting them on a Kaiser Chief tray which I find tucked next to the microwave. I carefully carry the tray into the main room and put it on a table. I know it is not my responsibility to look after them when they eventually wake up hung over but I feel bad for them. Plus, I spend most of my day giving painkillers to whinging men so not much has changed.

Now I have a dilemma. Do I wake them? Or just wait for them to wake up on their own accord? I don't want to startle them or get in their way so I might just start tidying up these beer bottles as quietly as I can. I peer at the open boxes which are both completely empty and both contained twelve bottles each and this stuff is 6% alcoholic so they must of each had 4.8 bottles each. Which is unlikely and it looks like Ricky and Whitey have drunk much more than that, all passed out on the floor. They look a mess.

I slowly start to put the empty bottles back into the box trying not to wake the guys and soon enough I have two boxes full, I am surprised that the rattling hasn't awoken the sleeping northerners. I sigh before lifting up one of the boxes and pacing outside of the back door to put the box by the huge bin. I then return back and pick up the other making Vijay stir in his chair but he doesn't awake but just turns over so I take the other box outside to move it out of the way. I wonder what their manager has said about all of this? Surely he is not happy with them drinking into the night?

When I return to the room however, Vijay is sat up in the chair rubbing his eyes tiredly. He smiles at me when he sees me enter again. 'Hi Kasey.' He greets me with a groan. 'How long have you been here?' He doesn't whisper so I decide I don't have to whisper either.

'Twenty minutes.' I state with a quick look at my watch. 'I have got you guys some water and painkillers.' I pull the box of tablets out of my back pocket just as Peanut and Whitey start to shuffle awakening the other two. They all look truly awful. Vijay notices my worry.