Plan A

Plan A

Ricky's POV

'Hold on Rick.' Peanut grabs my arm to prevent me from leaving. I don't think he understands my urgency to see Kasey. It has been about two weeks since we set off for tour and I haven't heard from her once. Not once. I don't understand. She came to wave me off, she made us cookies and we have been so close and now suddenly I mean nothing to her. I have tried texting and calling her but no response; I even tried phoning the cricket club but they said that they couldn't pass on any messages which struck me as odd. Turning to face my capped friend I groan but he just glares at me, I don't blame him, I haven't been in the most joyous mood for the past week especially. 'You not going to help sort the kit out?'

'Just let him go.' Whitey grumbles as he walks past with his precious guitars in hand. Peanut grunts before storming off to follow Andrew, Vijay follows close behind with an amplifier. I do feel bad that I have been grumpy and I have tried to keep a lid on it, but surely they understand why I feel this way?

'Ricky.' Si snaps me out of my daze. 'Look, I don't mind doing your share of things to do so you can go and see her but you had better make it up to us.' I nod just as he walks off juggling his bass, suitcase and mic stand. I however, pick up my holdall and rush out to my car which is parked up in my special space. After unlocking it, I pull open the door and clamber in whilst chucking my bag onto the passenger's seat. Breathe Rick breathe. My mind hasn't been able to rest and I am now feeling absolutely exhausted. The sooner I see her so we can clear whatever the issue is up the better in my opinion. I start up my car with a roar and quickly pull out my space and then onto the road.

Even with Kasey ignoring me, the past few weeks haven't been half bad. The tour went down a storm, we had no big issues – apart from a slight bust up between myself and Simon with Whitey – and the main thing is that the fans enjoyed themselves. Someone even threw what I think is a bikini top onto the stage which is something that has never happened to me before. It made us laugh.

Our new tracks went down well and people had a good dance to them because they didn't exactly know the words. Although, the crowds did start chanting the lyrics to Hole in my Soul by the final chorus which is great. So all in all it was a good...eight...shows? I think there were eight...possibly nine. The only dampener was being ignored by my alleged girlfriend. I do hope she wasn't playing me like the last one...no she wouldn't do that. She seems so genuine and to be honest I have fallen for her pretty bad.

I slow down my car when I reach near her place looking for a spot to park in, luckily there is one just across the road from her flat. I climb out of the car and slam the door shut suddenly feeling quite riled up but I mustn't shout. Be calm Rick be calm. Just as I reach the front door the tenant from the ground floor is leaving, she smiles at me having seen me here before and lets me past so I can jog two floors up the stairs to the top floor where she rents. Knocking on her door I sigh before pulling my jacket neater over my shoulders. The door is opened by a very tired looking Kasey whose already pretty miserable expression falls further when she sees me standing the other side looking pretty pissed off. 'Hi.' She squeaks.

'Hi? Hi?!' I exclaim letting my anger show so she steps back and lets me into her flat and then shuts the door. 'Why have you been ignoring me?' I cut right to the chase making her feel obviously uncomfortable but I need answers.

'Rick I-' She stops when she hears a thud coming from one of the bedrooms. I glare at her. However, she ignores me and rushes to wherever the sound has come from.

'Oh I see.' I tut as we enter one of the rooms, 'You are seeing someone-' I stop suddenly at the sight before me. Kase leaning down to help her brother get up off the floor who is as white as a sheet, covered with cuts and bruises next to a wheelchair. A wheelchair?!