What if this is not a Lie? (Chapter 14)

"Honey, can you bring your girlfriend this dinner?"

He raised his eyebrow as he released his fingers from fiddling on his phone. "What is it, mom?" Sungjae deliberately asked. "Your dad had been constantly blabbering things about you and your girl in the office. Dear, even if both of you are in a relationship... Don't you ever do sacred things in the office." He slapped his forehead, "Mom, it's not what you think it is. In fact, she's my secretary!"

Her mom's smile lightened, "Isn't that cute?" He groaned, "She's not my-", "He keeps denying it." His dad retorted, placing the news paper at their dining table. He sighed in defeat, "You seem to be a teenage kid inlove, dad."

"Well, of course!"

-

"What!?"

"Well, my dad can't contain the excitement. He seems to want you as my girlfriend." Sungjae muttered writing down notes.

Her heart skipped a beat, realizing that even without relationship, his parents wanted her for him. Is her feelings resurfacing again, or does it even disappear?

"Well, we could pretend. Then, let's break up after so they'd stop pestering you." Sooyoung mumbled, fiddling her fingers together. He chuckled as he saw her blushing face.

Gosh, she's so cute.

"So, you're agreeing to be mine?" Her eyes widen, as her cheeks redden some more. "What!?", "I mean, you agree to be my girlfriend for my parents. That's so nice of you." He chuckled, avoiding his self from stuttering.

"Or why don't you say that we've broken up today?" He shrugged, "Sooyoung is just afraid to fall for me." He sang as he received a slap on a shoulder, "Who says I am? I'm just worried that I'll be busy later. I'll be fetching Irene. But, I'll try." She mumbled, as she returned to her seat.

To be honest, I really am. What if you're leaving again?

"Call me, then. I'll be fixing the problem later."

She nodded at him, awkwardly.

-

"Are you home, honey?" A sweet voice rang to his ears.

He lifelessly walked to the door's hallway, bringing his feet upwards after clicking his tongue in order to signal that he was already home. "Where is your girlfriend?"

He felt a lump in his throat, after hearing the label called to someone he used to adore. (Or, is he still adoring her?)

"She can't... come." He muttered, looking for possible reasons to spit out.

He walked to the dinner table, "is this a feast?" His mom sadly answered, "It was supposed to be a big feast for your first girlfriend. But, it's sad that she couldn't come." He gulped, "Well, I..."

"Did both of you fought?" His dad limply walked into the dinner table, having a seat. ("Don't touch that!" His mom yelled, avoiding his dad to touch the foods in the table.) "We did...not." He was stuttering on his words, he can't come up with good reasons. For God's sake, he was even lying about having a girlfriend!

"That's really normal for couples to fight. Shall we eat and try again until both of you made up?" He scratched at the back of his head, "Dad, to be honest-" he was cut off when his phone suddenly rang.

"Hello?" He placed the phone closer to his ears,

"Where the hell is your house!?"

His heart skipped a beat after hearing a certain voice. "Are you even on the line?" He shook his head, "I-I'll be fetching you. Where are you?"