(The Secret Luck) Chapter 4

"Wearing heels made my feet more sore." Sooyoung muttered to herself as she impatiently look at the clock to find that there are still a few more hours to go before the event ends.

"You know what I like about this company?" Wendy nudged over her shoulders, while taking a sip of wine. "What is it?" She asked, eyeing her boss. "Is that they treat us like a family. You see, we are not that pressured in this project, it seems like we also belong in the party." She smiled. But, Sooyoung couldn't enjoy herself. For the fact that her sister was expecting her to give the hundred dollars when the truth is she'll surely have a hard time picking even a single dollar.

She sighed heavily as she shyly bring out her phone, covering it since it was an old model.

Yeri, can you wait for a few more weeks? Eonnie will surely find a way for you!

She accidentally forgot her phone placed in the table, as her name was called by her boss to mingle around with the other people and help manage the event.
Sungjae thoroughly walked to her table, observing the whole party. As his eyes darted down to the cellphone who kept on ringing. Without any further reasons, he slid down the phone to saw a message popping out.

Don't worry, Sooyoung-eonnie. You don't need to push yourself to get me a hundred dollars. Don't over do yourself please.

His brows were knitted together as he realized that the brat he was having a daily arguement had a sister she was trying to work for. Why is she settling down for a small salary company, when she can bring herself to a big one?

He saw the screen lighting up, with another message.

Go home early eonnie. I bet you're tired over there. I love you, okay?

Without any reasons, his lips twitched upwards. Feeling touched of the whole message, he suddenly envy the brat who had a great loving sister.

He noticed that she was already on her way back to the table. He suddenly dropped her phone in the table, as he quickly retreated.

Sooyoung hissed in pain, as she grabbed her phone to slid on messages.

Eonnie can't come home early, Yeri-ah. Go to sleep first~

The party went on and on until most of the participants were drunk. Sooyoung have to admit that she's a little bit tipsy. But, she knew that she needed to work her ass off in order to get what her sister needs.

She limply stood up from her seat. Obviously tired and a little bit drunk, she almost fell down. Until a figure leaned down to catch her.

She turned her head slowly, realizing it was the CEO who she have fallen to. (In the arms, though.)

"Why does he keep on helping that lady?" Changsub muttered as he took a sip from his wine. Hyunsik shrugged his shoulders, "I don't even know. I already told you, Sungjae has a weird taste about girls." Suddenly, Seulgi slapped his arm. "Don't call my friend weird." Hyunsik quickly muttered an apology, before mumbling, she really is weird, though!

"It's you." Sooyoung muttered quickly as she regained her composure. "You see, I need to go early..." She trailed off as he nodded. "Go ask your boss, I don't limit people here." He muttered as if he doesn't knew the reason why. Sooyoung realized how diligent and understanding he was. She bowed her head down as she limply walked to Wendy. He tilted his head as his eyes followed hers. He noticed how red and sore her calves were due to the heels she was wearing.

He shrugged, This girl always surprises me. He hurriedly walk over her, as she surprisingly lifted her to his arms. Flustered and shocked, Sooyoung hissed, "What are you doing!?"

Everybody was busy with their own companies as they haven't noticed Sungjae was already carrying her. Seulgi adored the two from afar as she clasped her fingers to her boyfriend; Hyunsik.

"Stop acting as if you're tough enough." He muttered as he lifted her until the elevator. She struggled onto her feet as he accidentally dropped her gently to the floor. "Why the hell are you being nice today, is it because of the people around you?" She retorted pointing a finger at him. He rolled his eyes, "I'm actually a nice person if you weren't as sharp as the first meeting." She laughed (obviously drunk), "I need to go to work." He darted his eyes on her face. "It's late at night, and you're drunk." He muttered looking over the movement of the elevator. 15 floors left before the ground.

She shrugged drunkly, picking her phone.

Without any accurate reasons, he pulled her hand as she felt a soft pair of lips landed on hers.
Her eyes widen, as she was supposed to pull away. But due to the alcohol in her, she let herself sink into the kiss without any reasons. His hand slowly reached out to her pockets, as he slipped a hundred dollar inside it. Pulling away completely, he noticed her eyes were completely closed as he shrugged once again, She's really drunk.

Slowly lifting her back into his arms, he grabbed her phone as he texted Yeri,

Hello. This is a friend of hers, can you turn your location on so I can take your eonnie home?

Yeri knitted her eyebrows together as she replied, Are you sure?

Yes.

She activated her location, as Sungjae scrolled through the map. He wrapped the seatbelt around her body as he chuckled seeing her angelic sleeping face. You better sleep forever to look like an angel, Sooyoung.

"Sooyoung, I hope you stay asleep. You look more beautiful in that."

He slammed his door inside, driving to her house.

"This sucks. Why am I suddenly taking a girl home?"

He saw her shifted in her seat, as she slowly opened her eyes to meet his gaze. "It's you, asshole..." She trailed off as she chuckled. She was obviously drunk.

"You should just sleep." She shrugged in response, "You might molest me." She muttered closing her eyes.

He rolled his eyes, "You're not even pretty."
She laughed, "I heard you." She slurred on her words as his heart suddenly raised.

"I'm pretty, right?"
He scoffed, "You've misheard things."

What do I do? She's really pretty.