The Flight

CAMILA'S POV

- Hold on, chichi, I'm cooking - I yell at my phone that's on the table behind me.

I was making waffles for my family, since today was my last day in Miami and I wouldn't see any of them for a while, when Dinah called. I quickly answered it and went back to take the last waffle out and display all of them on 4 plates: One for me, one for mama, one for Sofi and one for papa.

- What was that? - I say as I sit on the table and grab my phone, turnin the speaker off.

- Oh, nothing, just telling my little brothers to shut up - Dinah laughs.

- I bet you had a great time with them, don't be a bitch to them now! - I teased.

- Yeah, it was incredible. I really did miss them, but there's a point when I just want to chill, you know? - She says in a light tone.

- Yeah, me too. But we never get to chill, Dinah Jane - I said.

- You konw what I mean - She laughed - Anyway... When will you arrive to New York?

- Tomorrow around 4am - Fish, the dog, walks slowly to me and sits by my side as I stroke it's head - You?

- I'll go to Texas to meet with Ally and Mani at the airport and then we should be getting there by 7am.

- Awesome - I say sarcastically, realizing what that means.

- Why the tone? - She probably forgot that management would always put me and Lauren in the same flight. They say it's to save money, since we do live 20 minutes away from each other, but I think it also has something to do with that "camren" ship and PR.

- Lauren... - I said dragging her name, hoping she'd know without me even saying anything else.

- Oh, right! - She says, dragging her words too - I thought she was already there?

- No, I saw her a few days ago at the mall - I said - Guess she's back. Anyways I haven't even texted her.

- You probably should, you know?

- Nah, if we're on the same flight we're on the same flight.

- Wow, Mila - She said immediately - Guess you finally got over her.

- I didn't say that.

- If you weren't, you would've called her about the flight days before - she says, and I guess she's got a point - And how many hours left do you have in the 305?

- There's a difference in knowing when your company is wanted and being in love with someone you can't be with.

Dinah was clearly attempting to have a chill conversation when she called, and to know the schedule for the group. But I just need to get my thoughts out of my head. Our tones in this whole conversation told us we were not in the same page, but neither one of us acknowledged it. We said our goodbyes and planned where would all of us meet before hair and make up for the first interview.
After the South American leg of the tour, we had the North American leg. The first day, tho, we're just doing press and rehearsals.

I spend the next couple of hours readjusting my bags and checking I had everything needed for the tour. It was just routine, like the ride to the airport. My mom would be traveling with me most of the tour, but she will be staying here for a couple days. She's also a mother to Sofi and a wife to my dad, and I should be okay for a couple of days.
When we finally get there, it's an hour before the flight which would be fine if I didn't just find out it was full and there were a lot of people wanting to get in. The line was endless and it seem to not move at all.
- If we miss it, I'm blaming Alejandro - my mom told me once we saw the line. Both dad and Sofi were parking the car as we went to try and save my place in the line -. That was too long of a shower he took.
- We'll make it, mom. Chill.
- And if we do it'll be because of me yelling at everybody to hurry.
- Don't worry, mom.

Finally we did make it on time, just barely. When I get into the plane itself, I see some of the other people who were on the line organizing their things and preparing themselves for the 5 hour flight.

- Lauren? - I say hesitantly when I get to my sit and see her already sitting there reading.

- Hi, Camila - she says with her sweet voice once she's done reading the sentence she was on when I arrived - glad you made it on time.
- You knew we were in the same flight?
- We always are - she smiled vaguely
- I guess.
I quickly return to organize my things, finishing a bit faster than I intended. When I sit next to her, she's already back to her book so I take my iPhone out and go straight to Spotify.
This will be such an awkward flight if she doesn't talk to me soon. God I wish I could change sits. She sits up, and I slightly turn my eyes to her to see if she's dropping the book. But no. She was just adjusting her posture. Fuck.
- What are you reading? - Seriously?! What are you reading? I am so basic.
- Hold ooon - She says holding up her index finger to shut me up until she's done with the sentence.
I sit there waiting, praying for her to drop the book and look at me. I hate awkward situations, and I'm sure I'd kill myself if this 4 hour flight turned out to be awkward.
-Sorry, this book is incredible-She says in between giggles as she puts it inside her handbag.
-Its okay, I know the feeling.
-Anyways, how were your days off?
We go on and on about how each of us has spent their vacation, she's been meeting up with her friends more than catching up with her family (which is what I've done mostly).
-Yeah, but I didn't really see Lucy- She says tearing her eyes away from mine for the first time to focus on the clouds outside our window.
-That's weird- I say taking a pause- Ustedes son como uña y mugre.
I say this last Spanish saying with all the sarcasm in the world. Means that they are always together, but in nothing more than a friendly way. That's also the sentence she use to say every time I'd get jealous of her.
-Come on, don't use that one against me.
-I'm not using anything against you- My voice came out louder than expected.
We both sort of turn and look around, and our suspicions were confirmed when almost everyone was sort of staring at us. Some with a surprised/amused face and others with only interest in their eyes.
-You know what? Fuck this shit-She says getting out of her seat, giving me a look I know all too well.
As we both walk to the back of the plane, I smile to a little girl on what I'm guessing is her mom. Probs a fan, I'm coming back here once I'm done with the drama that's always surrounding Lauren and I.
-What was that?- She asks, arms crossed.
-What was what? You storming out out off no where?
-You're the one who rose attention to us.
-Lauren, we're not that one group from The X Factor anymore. People now actually know our faces! I thought you'd notice by now.
-UGH You're so frustrating!-She growls- No one was staring at me before you came and yelled at me.
-I didn't yell at you.
I love to mess with Lauren, actually. She used to solve our arguments in a way we just couldn't do now, but I wanted her to at least try. I miss her, I miss her touch, the way our conversation would just flow naturally for hours without us noticing, I miss feeling free to shit her up with a kiss or even a simple hug. But right now, by the way she's closing her fists and the way her face is gaining a bit of red color, I have two posible outcomes for my actions. One being the worst of all, my band mate deciding to not talk to me again unless absolutely necessary. Or my old Mistress teaching me a lesson in the bathroom of this flight. I'm literally risking everything for another encounter with Lauren that will lead to more awkwardness between us afterwards. But fuck it, if this is the only way to get her for at least a moment, I'll risk everything.

Ive got about two to three more updates done, but idk if I should post them cause the response is not as big... How about 20 votes for next update? thnx bye