Los Angeles

"Oh my goodness. It's real." Cry Baby whispered suddenly.

She and Blurryface had been walking about the streets of Los Angeles, taking in a much larger, much warmer, and much more active city than they were used to. Mini ice cream cones in their hands, - this time, it was pure custard, no funny business - and new sunglasses on their faces, they were having a blast.

They had just stumbled upon the Walk Of Fame, which made Cry Baby stop in her tracks. She'd always seen pictures, and always heard of it, but she never dreamed she would ever have the opportunity to walk straight down that glamorous sidewalk like it was nothing.

Blurry looked over to her briefly and chuckled with amusement. He seemed to be doing that a lot lately, and Cry Baby was beyond glad that she could assist him in his journey to acceptance, and, even happiness.

She looked down at her feet as she walked carefully.

Shirley Temple. Johnny Cash. Tom Hanks. Walt Disney. Meryl Streep. Janet Jackson.

She smiled to herself when she read "Bugs Bunny".

"Starstruck?" Blurry teased.

Not realizing quite how slow she'd been walking, Cry Baby looked up and shrugged her shoulders with a smile before picking up the pace.

They made their way to a funky bar, where they sat down, surrounded by lights and people. Cry Baby ordered a small glass of pineapple juice, feeling slightly queasy from the strong scent of alcohol around her. She looked to Blurry for him to order whatever he wanted. He looked like a deer in headlights.

"Um... uh, I'll..." He looked to Cry Baby with pursed lips and nervous eyes, but she just gave him a small nod and softened her gaze. She hoped that would make him feel more confident. He had to learn to be himself by himself. "I think I'll have the... cranberry juice?" He spoke the words noticeably slowly, and he turned his head to Cry Baby throughout. She tried to make her gestures and facial expressions subtle, but encouraging.

When the bartender left to prepare their drinks, Blurry let out a sight that was filled with many emotions. Embarrassment, nervousness, relief, and frustration were clearly living inside of him at this moment.

"See? You're alright." Cry Baby placed a hand on his back, and she felt his muscles loosen at her touch.

   They sat and drank throughout lighthearted conversation. Cry Baby's heart always swelled with pride and joy whenever Blurryface began to talk passionately about something. Listening to Blurryface - Blurryface, for goodness' sake - go on and on with childlike enthusiasm in his spirit and eyes made Cry Baby forget about why she even needed to get away from New York.

   It was dusk as they began their walk back to the hotel they were staying at. Cry Baby was just as dazzled at the city as she had been a couple hours ago. Occasionally, she'd notice Blurry looking at her out of the corner of her eye. She didn't know how to describe the look in his eyes. Not that she ever got a good chance to, since whenever she turned to him, he'd quickly look away.

   She opened her mouth to start a conversation, but heard a gruff, unsettling voice from behind the two of them.

   "Don't you have pretty hair, then...?" She turned to see a scraggly man with a partially bald head, a slouching posture, and a gap in his teeth - not the cute kind of gap, like Cry Baby's, but a gap where it seemed a tooth used to be. Not to mention, all his other teeth were gross shades of yellow.

   "Such pretty hair..." the strange man commented again, and he said the words like he was mumbling them to himself, but she knew that she was meant to hear them.

   Cry Baby shot a quick look at Blurry, but he didn't look back at her. He looked paralyzed, completely horrified.

   The man reached out his hand to touch Cry Baby's unusual hair, and she finally found her will to move as she jumped out of the way, trying to be sweet, but really, feeling immensely frightened.

   "Oh!" She exclaimed, "Thank you for the compliment, but please don't touch my hair."

   "What's wrong?" The middle-aged man asked, like he really cared. "Are you alright, there?"

   "Yes, I'm okay. But we have to g-"

   "We?" He questioned, turning to Blurryface. "What's your name, son?"

   Blurryface spoke too quickly. Not only that, but it wasn't the right answer.

   "My name is Josh." He lied. Even though Cry Baby was scared senseless by this creepy man who randomly walked up to her to start conversation, she thought about Blurry's fib for a moment.

   He didn't seem to give that response a second thought. Was Josh's name always in his head? Was Josh's name what he thought of before his own? Did he always think about Josh before he thought about himself?

   Her thoughts were whacked to the side as she saw a crazed look in the man's eyes. She grabbed Blurry's wrist and began to back away.

   "Now, where are you kids going?" He called after them.

   Cry Baby pulled Blurry's hand so he turned around, and she started to run. He did the same.

   Right before darting into a hotel, she risked a look behind her. To her disgust, the man was trailing after them, and fast.

   The man behind the counter in the hotel lobby looked bewildered as Blurry and Cry Baby darted for the elevator. Cry Baby could have sworn he asked them a question, but she couldn't hear any of it, because her pulse was beating heavily in her ears.

   Cry Baby frantically slammed her hand over a random button on the elevator, and it felt just like a scene from a movie as the horrific man neared the elevator, but all Cry Baby could see were little parts of him as the elevator door closed.

   They both collapsed once they were safe in an elevator going up. Cry Baby instinctively wiped her eyes, but she didn't even realize that she wasn't crying. She figured she was too frightened to shed a tear.

   Blurry asked, "Okay, what floor are we on again?"

   Cry Baby grinned. "Blurry... this isn't even our hotel!" For some reason, this made her smile widely.

   "It's not?"

   Cry Baby shook her head and started to laugh. "No!"

   Her laughter radiated all throughout the elevator, and Blurry chuckled uncontrollably as well.

   They practically stumbled out of the elevator, cramped with giggles and cackles.

   "We'll stay here awhile and go back down later. Maybe we can call the hotel lobby to have that man removed." Cry Baby suggested as her laughter slowly faded.

   Blurry nodded and sighed.

   They didn't say anything after that. They simply stood there, basking in their comical fear.