Opening Night

Blurryface's hands were restless as he paced backstage. Cry Baby was still getting ready, since her costume was a bit more extravagant than his. After all, she was doing all the talking. Blurry was serving as the guinea pig, and he liked it that way.

He looked at the clock. Still a half hour before showtime. He was feeling confident with the act, but of course, he couldn't stop fearing himself. He wasn't only afraid of messing up onstage, but even though Cry Baby had brought out a new side in him, he still felt like the same monster he always was. He knew he couldn't hide that, no matter how open and carefree he was with Cry Baby.

He heard the sound of high heels moving swiftly down the hallway, and he turned to see Cry Baby in dramatic pastel clothes, greeting him and smiling, which seemed to ease his thoughts for the moment.

"Ready to do this?" She whispered enthusiastically, and playfully hit his arm.

"Yep." Blurry responded, grinning. He loved how she could lighten up any mood. And he continued to be awed by the fact that she was going through so many storms of her own, but still found the time to by the eye of someone else's.

"On in ten!" Yelled a voice coming from somewhere that Blurry could not distinguish.
Where did all the time go? Was he nervously walking around for twenty minutes?

"Wow. This... This is happening. I can't wait to leave this city, but this is the best way I could've spent my last week here." Blurry looked at her beaming smile, but her slightly sad eyes. He longed to make her eyes light up the way every other part of her does someday. From the moment he met her, he'd noticed all the worries and secrets that hid only in her eyes.

   "Same here."

   She looked over at him lovingly.

   Without thinking, he embraced her tightly. He prayed that all his thanks and all his love would radiate off of this hug. She gently returned it, and he felt her smile buried into his shoulder.

   He let go of her, and the two walked over to the stage entrance.

   "On in five!" He heard someone whisper.

   Those five minutes seemed to fly by faster than a bird in a hurricane, because before he knew it, they were stepping onstage.

   He was dazzled and quite startled by the humongous crowd. He saw no familiar faces, though everybody appeared to be a blur as he tried to stay balanced.

   He didn't need to do much for the first half. Just disappear, make other things appear, and so on. But he was holding his breath until the segment that the two were most looking forward to.

   Cry Baby gently wrapped a blindfold around Blurry's head, and he could, again, hear her heels against the hollow stage.

   "Blurryface, what am I pointing to?"

   "A wedding ring." He answered confidently. The audience made various impressed noises, and some lightly clapped.

    "And, this man, what color shirt is he wearing?"

   "Purple!"

   "Yes!" Cry Baby cheered.

   "How old is this man's child?"

   "No idea."

   "Oh, you read his mind perfectly!" The audience erupted in laughter.

   They buzzed through the fascinating and humorous show, and thanked the audience as they left.

   "Well, that was fun." Blurryface noted casually, and him and Cry Baby suddenly burst out laughing backstage.