Cookies

Cry Baby had been in the clutches of the wolf man for days. The day she was kidnapped by him, she was led in silence to a plush, pink room with no bed, but a trunk filled with clothes for her, and a refrigerator, a clock, an oven, and a table.

   Every day Cry Baby would stare at the clock, trying desperately to remember what day it was. And every day, she'd be threatened by the note on the locked door that informed her, "Leave cookies on the table no later than 3 o'clock. OR ELSE!" So every day, she would bake cookies, and every day, the wolf man would come into the room, pet her like she was a dog, and sit down to eat the cookies she had prepared.

   She wasn't left with a great many extra clothes, and so by her fourth day there, she had run out. At the very bottom of the trunk, she noticed a suspicious glass bottle with blue liquid inside of it.

   She would cry while making the cookies every day, because she was afraid beyond belief. She was desperate to get out of there. She wasn't sure where she would go, but she had to leave. She figured that it wouldn't hurt her to try pouring the blue substance into her bowl of cookie batter.

   She did it quickly and discreetly, and once her cookies were done. She made sure they looked exceptionally pretty and inviting.

   As soon as the clock struck three, the wolf man came into the tiny room, and sat down. He touched Cry Baby's messy hair and she frowned and backed away. She watched as he impolitely shoved the cookies down his throat, and he would clap out of happiness because he liked them so much.

   But, halfway through his meal he started coughing firmly, like he was clearing his throat. It turned into wheezing and hacks and he fell to the ground, in a similar manner as Cry Baby did when she ate her ice cream. She couldn't help but grin, not only at the fact that she would be given the opportunity to escape, but that she had done something strong, by herself, for herself.

Eventually, the wolf man was unresponsive, and Cry Baby poked him and shook him a few times just to be sure. He was still breathing, but was unconscious. She checked in all of his pockets for the key out of the room, and found it in the breast pocket of his white jacket. She opened the doors and they revealed a long hallway, and a grand staircase. Before she shut the doors that had consumed her for so many days, she grabbed the note on the door that demanded cookies, turned it over, and wrote "karma" on the other side. She attached it to the door before locking the evil man in.

She didn't want to search the house, because she had no interest in knowing what kind of things were kept in every room. She went down the staircase, and sure enough, it led to a doorway out of the house.

She was shocked to see that this house with so many dark and revolting secrets, was placed in the middle of a regular neighborhood. All the houses were large and luxurious, with well-cut grass on their front yards. Cry Baby feared that all of the people in this neighborhood would be similar, and cruel. So she walked for a long while, before reaching a bigger city, still one she didn't recognize.

She searched the extravagant town for a place that she could completely trust and be safe in.

She found it.

A senior center.

She entered quietly, and walked up to a kind young man at the front desk.

"How can I help you?" He asked politely.

"Um, actually, I would appreciate if you would lead me towards the closest bus stop. I'm not entirely sure where I am exactly, and I want to get home."

"Oh, sure thing. I'm so sorry to hear that. There should be a bus stop two blocks down, next to a huge bank."

"Alright. Thank you so much."

"Anytime." He waved to her and she travelled down to a bus stop that was, sure enough, next to an enormous bank. She only had to wait about a minute before hopping on and handing the bus driver two dollars worth of her leftover money, that she still hadn't let go of.

   She sat on the bus for almost an hour before reaching her city. She was so glad to jump off and feel the familiar scent and vibe of her little town in New York.

   She started to walk home, since her family had no idea where she was. But along her stroll, she decided she'd rather confide in Blurryface, and see him first.

   She knocked on his door, something that felt quite familiar, but this time, instead of tears, what she got was a surprised exclamation of "Cry Baby!"

   He practically jumped into her arms, and she laughed in surprise and cheer. She had never seen him this relieved or happy, and wondered if he ever had been.

   "Oh my god! Oh my... Oh my god!" He yelled, still embracing her. "Where have you been? I thought you'd left town or something!"

    "No! No, not at all... No." She pulled away from him, suddenly serious, looking him in the eye. "Something bad happened. I wanted to talk to you first."

   "Oh. Is it um... Does it have to do with your mother?"

   "What? No." She stated surely, slightly confused by Blurry's guess. "Actually, I... I was kidnapped.

   "What?" Blurry repeated that word over and over, sometimes he said it with fear, sometimes with shock, sometimes with anger, and sometimes with hurt.

   "Yes. My mother told me to get some exercise, because my head hurt, and I couldn't remember what I had done the previous night." Blurry's face fell when she told him this, but she continued her story. "I went to the store to get my mom orange juice, and on my way home, a girl a bit younger than me was selling ice cream. I noticed that the man driving the truck had on this terrifying wolf head thing. It was scary. The ice cream made me pass out, and I woke up in the back of the truck. The girl was there with me, and she told me that she was kidnapped by the wolf man just the same way I was. She had to serve him, and her only way of leaving was finding a replacement, or being killed. She was dropped off in the middle of nowhere - I hope she's alright - and I was taken to a small room. He locked me in, and made me bake him cookies every day. So today, I put poison in his cookies. I found a bottle of it in my room. It made him faint, and so I locked him in the room, and got a bus home. It was terrifying. Truly terrifying."

   "What the... wow." Blurry shook his head. "Cry Baby, I am so so sorry. You were really brave, you know. That must have taken lots of guts." Cry Baby giggled. "Um... Could you wait here? I just... I can't explain why, not right now. I promise you'll be safe, I'll be back in half an hour. Alright?"

   "Uh... Oh! Okay!" Cry Baby agreed, rather confused. "See you in half an hour, then."

   "Sorry. Don't go anywhere." He hugged her again, and she could feel the relief in his embrace.