The Meeting

The next day, Cry Baby grumbled at the thought of getting up off the sofa. Blurryface was shaking her gently, and telling her how he knew it was difficult, but they had to go to a meeting today.

She'd worn the same clothes for three days, and she felt gross as she helped herself off of the couch.

Her eyes were constantly fluttering shut, but once she managed to keep them open, they widened, and she gasped.

Blurryface was wearing a sensible, dark blazer over a black shirt, and wore pleasant skinny jeans. His shoes were dirty and usual, but he had clearly freshened up for the meeting.

"Wow! Blurry, you look great!"

"I rented it early this morning while you were asleep. I got you something too, in case you don't like what you already have on." He tossed her a pile of smart pastel clothing. She loved how he wasn't trying to change her usual style. He gave her what he knew she'd love to wear, but also something that would work for the meeting.

"Oh my gosh! Oh my... I love it! Thank you! I'll go put it on quickly." She still felt a sickening pit in her stomach, but she knew that, today, she had to keep her chin up. She went out in the hall to where the apartment floor shared a bathroom. It wasn't very appealing, but it would have to do.

First, she put on a soft yellow, short-sleeved shirt, that had a white outline where the neckline turned into a v-shape. There was a breast pocket with a frilly, orange bow on it. She then slipped into a pastel purple pencil skirt, tucking in her yellow top. Then, she put on dark grey flats, and a pearl necklace. She looked at herself in the mirror. She loved what she saw.

She walked back to Blurry's room, and he smiled and gave her a thumbs up when he saw her.

"Ready?" He urged.

"Ready." She agreed.

They got a taxi to take them to the city theater, and as the exited, they felt a few raindrops. They hurried into the theater and checked in for an appointment with the owner, Marc Advik.

The marbled floor was beautiful and welcoming, as they made their way through the enormous center to find the office for meetings.

He was waiting for them when they entered. Blurryface nodded his head, and Cry Baby went right over to him to shake his hand.

"Hello, Mr. Advik. My name is Cry Baby, and this is my close friend Blurryface. Thank you for finding time to talk with us."

"My pleasure. Have a seat." His Indian accent was thick, and he smelled of vanilla. He was incredibly kind and made Cry Baby's nerves disappear, even though Blurryface seemed to be squirming a bit.

"Now, as I understand it, you'd like to perform some kind of act on our stage, is that correct?"

"Yes." Cry Baby answered quickly. "We were hoping to sell tickets in the theater for four-hundred, and do a magic show."

"A magic show?"

"A magic show." Cry Baby giggled.

They both naturally looked to Blurryface, who hadn't spoken yet. "Yes, um... We've been doing research and have some tricks we think would work, and some would even be funny."

"Care to demonstrate?"

"Uh, sure."

Cry Baby came to the rescue, since Blurry was struggling to hold up his end of the conversation. "We haven't rehearsed a great deal, but we'd be glad to take you through what we plan to do."

Cry Baby then explained their tricks of pulling cloth out of their mouths, making things disappear, and, what they were most excited for, blindfolding Blurryface as Cry Baby walks through the audience, asking him questions about random members, that he would have to answer correctly.

Marc was smiling once they finished their sort-of-demonstration.

"I love it! I daresay we could have you two as an act in our theater of four-hundred seats for seven days, charging, oh, I don't know... Ten dollars a ticket?"

"Really?" Cry Baby gasped. "Oh, that would be lovely! We'll rehearse day and night! When will our first show be?"

"Oh, what day is it... Sunday? Okay, do you think you'll be ready to go by Wednesday at 6:00?"

"Of course! Thank you so much, Mr. Advik!" Cry Baby shook his hand, as did Blurryface.

   They practically pranced out of the building, and were already rehearsing on the taxi ride back.