The Flight

Just two days after the final show, Blurryface and Cry Baby were silently sitting at an airport gate, excitement and nerves filling both of them to the brim.

   "I hardly ever travel." Cry Baby mentioned, even though she'd said it multiple times. "This is going to be wonderful."

   "Yeah. It's exciting." Blurryface agreed. The biggest trip he'd ever been on was taking himself from Ohio to New York only as young as a sophomore.

   "Ladies and gentlemen, we are now boarding flight 49 to Los Angeles, California. Now boarding flight 49 to Los Angeles, California."

   Blurryface felt a flick of pure adrenaline shoot through his body at the words. He had worked hard the past week, and it all seemed to take his mind off of how thrilled he was to finally have a getaway from everything. He could only imagine how relieved Cry Baby was.

   "It's going to be a long flight. Good thing we have snacks and movies." Cry Baby noted after they'd taken their seats, Blurry by the window and Cry Baby on the edge.

   "Yeah. I might fall asleep once it's dark though."

   "Oh, that's fine. I probably will too."

   Blurryface gave her a crooked half-smile. He relished her happy moments, her genuine smiles, and the tremulous texture of her voice, practically choking on the rush of it all.

   "Should we watch one of these films for the beginning of the flight?" Cry Baby offered.

   "Sure, which one?"

   Blurry almost laughed at loud at her cliché suggestion, but her eyes were those of a tease, so he went along with it.

   They ended up sliding in another disk, and another. By the third film, Blurryface was losing his interest and focus, but Cry Baby looked so pleased, he didn't argue at all. He simply watched in amazement as the pale blue skies deepened and deepened, until Blurry was being dazzled by magnificent darkness.

   Blurry had always thought the same things of black skies and blue skies. He felt like his whole life was spent in the darkness anyways, both figuratively, and literally, with his grim soul and dim room.

   But, the view of the sky while he was flying through it, changed something in him.

   Maybe darkness can produce something beautiful if you put it in the right perspective.

   A slight smirk suddenly appearing on his face from this thought, this realization, he turned to Cry Baby. She was sleeping. She looked peaceful, and she looked glad. She must be very glad indeed that she was given a chance to leave a town that has been noting but trouble for her.

   A bit restless, she squirmed slightly from time to time. Blurry whispered a question to the flight attendant.

   "Do you have any pillows for her?"

   "Sure thing. One moment." The middle-aged woman returned faster than a mouse with a plain white pillow, handing it to Blurryface. He nodded his thanks and slipped the pillow under Cry Baby's head. He looked at her, watching her finally get to rest, her head satisfied with the softness of the pillow.

   Blurry must have dozed off somewhere in there too, because he woke up to a loud beep and the tiniest bit of sunlight outside. It wasn't black anymore, it was a grey-white mixture.

   "Ladies and gentlemen, please return to your seats and fasten your seatbelts. We are beginning our decent into Los Angeles.

   Blurry shook Cry Baby gently, but there must have been lots of excitement in his touch, because she awoke immediately.

   "We're landing." He whispered with the enthusiasm of a child in a toy store.

   Cry Baby took a while to fully wake up, but the two had minds buzzing more than bees in the springtime as they walked down into the breezy, sweet air of a new and wonderful place.