Trying.

“Ray! Ray! You okay?”

I instantly snapped out of what seemed to be a daydream.

“WOAH. RAY. COVER THAT UP! That’s gross!” Jaz shrieked.

I looked down at my pants. They were pointing at me.

“Oh my God.” I grabbed the nearest pillow and covered myself.

“Are you okay? Mom told me to come in here to scold you for being rude to Mel. Why are you being so rude to her? She didn’t do anything to you Ray.” Jaz protested.

“Why did I just daydream about MELANIE and get a boner?” I mumbled to myself.

Jaz hit my arm. Too excited. “YOU WERE DAYDREAMING ABOUT MELANIE?” She raised her voice.

“Oh my God, I said that out loud didn’t I?”

Jaz and I both looked at each other. She gave me a mischievous smile.

“Jasmin! Rayon!”

We both whipped our heads around. Melanie and my mother were standing there.

“Why don’t we say goodbye to our guest?”

Jaz got up first and I followed behind. We walked to my front door.

I whispered to Jaz.

“Jaz, do you think they heard us? More importantly.. it.”

She whispered back. “I don’t know.”

“Thank you Melanie for coming. You are welcomed back anytime!” My mom said cheerfully.

I coughed. All three of them looked at me. And then my mother elbowed me.

“OW!”

I looked at my mom. She gave me the look.

“I mean. Um. Yeah sure.” I said giving my best fake smile.

Melanie looked at me like she was confused. “Well, thank you for having me over Ms. Lopez. Appreciate your friendliness! I’ll definitely be back!”

“Bye Mel! Talk to you in school!” Jaz said while smiling.

Ew. Why would she wanna talk to that? Why would anybody?

I shut the door and started for my room until I heard a knock at the door.  I took two steps back and opened the door.

“Oh.  And by the way, I daydream about you too.” Melanie said in this seductive voice.

I raised my eyebrow like I had no clue what she was talking about, and shut the door on her face.

Dang shit.

5 DAYS LATER---------------------------------

She kissed me. I was yearning for more. I hesitated but I guess she read my mind because she leaned in again. I couldn’t help but laugh because I knew she couldn’t handle this tongue. She stopped kissing me and looked at me for a moment. Her eyes were so beautiful. I wanted to stare into them for the rest of the day but we had things to do. I took off her eye glasses and placed them delicately on the surface next to me. She took out her ponytail and hair fell upon her back. This was my que. I began kissing her again. But a little bit rougher this time around. She stuck her hand down my pants. I slid my tongue down her throat. And a couple seconds after making out, she came up for air.

“I love you Ray Ray.”

“I love you too Melanie.” I tried to say without moaning. But it slipped and I moaned loud.