Chapter 24

When Gohan went to gather the waiting men, he heard Yamucha's startled exclamation all the way from down the hall.

"You defeated Majin-Buu, all by yourself?!"

"Well, I'd being lying if I didn't say Supreme Kai was there too - but he didn't do much though, he was kind of a pansy..." Mirai reminisced. Vegeta barked a laugh at that.

"Did he have a chance to reach his full power?" Goku questioned him.

"No, Supreme Kai had already planned it with me ahead of time; to let his minions steal my energy so they could find his ship. It wasn't enough to bring him to full strength though, he was just a little under 3/4th power according to Supreme Kai's estimate" he explained.

"Did you kill Babidi? He didn't get away did he?" Goku kept pressing, wanting to hear about the alternate version of the fight that had almost destroyed the universe. Mirai smiled at his enthusiasm, and decided to launch into the full tale of the incident - he had told it to many audiences over the years, along with all his other 'adventures'... Gohan was rooted to the spot, listening from the doorway behind them as the man he loved told a slightly different version of his own story. It was still an epic battle, but one that ended with Trunks breaking through to SSJ3 for the first time and annihilating his enemy, instead of getting absorbed and then dying, leaving the rest to their sometimes dead, sometimes living fathers... When the tale was done, Yamucha actually clapped, then stopped quickly in embarrassment. Goku laughed, but not a Yamucha, he turned so he could see both Trunks and Vegeta as he joked.

"Vegeta wanted to just blow the 'damn ship' up from the beginning as well, I guess we should have listened to him - it obviously turned out better that way" Goku said with a grin.

"And don't you forget it" he huffed in a mock anger at Goku. Goku just laughed. No one mentioned Vegeta's Majin episode. Yamucha didn't know, and Goku was being discrete about it, covering with laughter and slightly snide jokes. If Mirai sensed they were holding back, he didn't show it, didn't care to press them further than they wanted to invite him, that wasn't his place here. Mirai hadn't told their parents that he was King of the Earth in his time either, though Gohan knew. He stood there, keeper of two secrets from different times, thinking about all that had led up to this point. Gohan began to wonder if his mates' regal composure was a product of nature or nurture as his mind compared their two time-lines. Then Bulma came up behind him with her hands on her hips.

"What are you guys doing? I thought that at least you two would want to see your grandson" she glared at Goku and Vegeta. They all jumped up, startled by her outburst, and turned to see Gohan blushing furiously behind them, Bulma scowling at them.

"I'm sorry, it was my fault Bulma, I was going to get them, but I got caught up in the story..." he said, sheepishly rubbing the back of his head. He was six again as she scolded him and then herded them all down the hallway.

The baby did not like Yamucha - wouldn't let him near without growling, attacked him when he tried to hold him - and since baby Saiyans were often sent to purge planets, his punches left some serious bruises. If Yamucha hadn't been a heck of a lot stronger than the average human, it probably would have broken his arm.

"Fine!" he argued with the infant, "Be like that! I'll just go start dinner!" and he marched off. Vegeta was laughing so hard by the time Yamucha left that he was actually leaning on the wall for support. The baby fell back asleep as soon as he left, as if consciousness was irrelevant now that the threat was gone.

"What a drama queen" Bulma said as she rolled her eyes.

"You can tell he doesn't really like me holding him either, but I think he puts up with it because he can smell we're related" she said as she gestured to the crib. She walked over and stroked the blue streak in his flame of hair, and one eye opened to stare at her challengingly, then slowly closed again. She smiled and shook her head, going back to the data she was imputing.