19-Aftermath

"people in the coastal cities of Turkey were forced to take refuge as several aftershocks and a tsunami hit the surrounding countries. Turkey was mostly effected. Local seismologists traced the earthquake to it's epicenter where an island discovered in the middle of the black sea. The coast guard discovered five people in a small zodiac of the coast of Morocco, who have claimed to have discovered the long lost Atlantis."

The television turned off Drew and Tom sat in front of the master chief of the United States coast guard.

"So despite what you told me, a man and his ship are still unaccounted for." He said.

"They were competing with us. We were willing to make a deal with him but he wanted to cut us out." Drew tried to explain. "Hmm. Well." The chief didn't know what to say.

"Self defense is one thing but murder is a while different world. But as a friend, I'll have to say the media will be all over you like sharks. They're going to say they don't believe you. Don't tell anyone anything regarding Riley Lynch. Are we clear?" The two nodded.

"I'm only letting you go home now because you look like you've been in quite the struggle and lynch is a wanted man in many countries."

"Yes sir."he stood. "Thank you."

"Don't mention it." The chief left the room.

"Well he seemed to understand." Drew told rich.

"So now what?" He asked.

"Back to our lives I guess. Even though we're walking away with nothing." Rich sighed.

"Or are we?" He pulled out a handful of coins. "There's more in the boat. Turns out plato's great republic had their own currency."

Rich back in his chair. "Oh my god drew!" He said.

"I figured everyone should get a cut. Here." He gave rich some coins.

"Thanks but no thanks." He handed them back. "Invest it in your tuition. All I ask is that I get to see you in class." Rich said.

"Well that's heartwarming. Thanks but I don't even know if a reason to stay. I only needed to be there for this. I don't need the education now." Drew said.

"Stop. I'm planning on doing an ancient mythology course focusing on lost cities. I want you to be there." He said. "Besides. You have alot to learn. Plato had alot of quotes so I made one of my own." He said.

"Well let's here it." Drew encouraged.

"What we have are senses of cloaked truths that lie under the cracks if a misunderstood world. Dash Tom 'Rich' Richardson."

"Well said." Drew smiled

"So what's next for you besides my class?" Rich asked.

"I don't know. I kinda think this is the life for me. I mean if Atlantis exists, just think of all the other legends." Drew said

"Hmm. Well as long as you're not going to be at gunpoint while doing it." Rich laughed.

"I want you to join me." Drew said seriously.

"You're kidding." Rich said.

"Partners remember?"

"Yes drew but it's alot of work."

"Look you teach that class and anything we find interest in, we go for it." He tapped rich's shoulder.

"Well if there are no risks..."

"There won't be. Just classic archaeology."he said

"Good." Rich said. Drew stood up.

"I think I should bid the others farewell. Drew said. He shook tom's hand again. "Thanks again professor." He said.

Emily said outside on the airbase airstrip. She held duffle bags in each hand with her clothes and personal items.

"It's been a hell of a ride." He handed her some coins.

"Ah. Luke told me about these. He saw you swipe some on the way out."

"Well I would have hated to leave empty handed considering we almost died a few times." Drew said.

"No kidding." She said. " Thanks. Oh and by the way, your father said he didn't want any coins. He said you'd probably try to give him some before he went home with Jess so he said and I quote 'I've seen what I've wanted to see." She told him

"Stubborn old man." Drew joked. "Well anyway, thanks for the help "she smiled.

"No problem, well I mean there were problems but you get the point." She joked. "See ya around drew." She walked away and he watched as the sun began to set. He started to walk back to the building.

In a dark office, a man sat at his desk c the door burst open but even he couldn't see the desk man's face. He tossed the Atlantis medallion in his desk.c"I'm sure you've heard the news."

The man at his desk grunted. "My son hasn't won yet. Him and his little crew." The man picked up the medallion.

The visitor looked at the man in darkness. "There are more valuable endeavours out there. I will find them." He said as he slammed the coin down.