13-Never over

Emily stood on the deck of the Crossbones. She worried what would happen to the friends she briefly met but had left an amazing impression on her. There had to be a reason why lynch didn't come. Maybe to discuss the deal?

No. They would have included her. But according to Lukas Fox, Riley Lynch was never a man of his word. These thoughts crossed her mind as the ship cruised the open sea. She hoped for the best. The ship sailed closer and closer to the pillars of hercules.

"Drew! Drew! Come on buddy!"he yelled at drew's unconscious body as he pumped his chest to restart his heart. Drew's face was cut up. His shoulder was grazed and the other recieved a bullet, which was now in hunter's heart.

Rich put his mouth on his partner's to give oxygen. He pumped again. No response. He put his mouth on drew's again. This time, drew's eyes widened after they opened. He pushed rich off

"Get off of me!" He said while spitting.

"What the hell was that? I'm not a princess. You don't have to kiss me to wake me up." Drew was already cracking jokes. Rich sighed.

"I just saved your life. You totally lost it."

"Oh by the way..." drew punched rich in his arm "That hurt." Drew said.

"It was either you or him."

"Damn rich you could have aimed for his head."

"Kinda hard when you kept moving!"

"Oh shit!" He looked his arm.

"Don't worry. I put pressure on it and wrapped it. Should buy us some time." Rich said.

"You realize you need to disinfect it right?"

Rich moved over to show drew an open medical kit in a case. "The morons left in the hummer we were in." Rich stood up.

"Anyway." He helped drew up. "We should go. This isn't going to end with us in prison."

Drew smiled. "Thanks. I couldn't ask for a better partner." Rich broke a smile.

"So I hate to say it but now what?" Drew asked.

"The map is falsely marked." Rich pulled a sharpie out of his pocket. "Haha you dirty snake!" Drew said as the two followed the flow of the crowds.

"So where is the city really?" Drew asked.

"I colored in the black sea. I made sure the marker matched the darkness of the ink. The black sea is our spot." Rich said.

"Makes sense. Colchis was supposedly near that location. It must have broke off after the cataclysm and sunk." Drew said.

"Exactly and plato probably lied and said the location was right beyond the pillars when it is in fact miles away."

"But how do you intend on getting to Emily and the ship?" Drew asked.

"They have another little staging ground Northwest from here in the desert." He put a pinch of long cut whiskey blend in.

"Hey let me try that." Drew said.

"Careful. Remember, it's a nasty habit." Rich joked.

"Screw that. I need something after all that bullshit." Rich handed him the can. He took a small pinch and packed it with his fingers by his cheek and between his teeth and cheek.

He handed the can back to rich. "So I'm guessing you're planning on borrowing a chopper?" Drew asked. He sounded different with the dip in.

"Exactly." Rich said after he spit the ground. Drew then split. "How is it?" Rich asked.

"You know what? Not bad."he said as he felt the nicotine begin to relax him. "You know that ground is going to be heavily guarded." Drew said.

"I know. The fight is never over."rich responded. The two began to walk the path out of town.

Emily woke from a bad dream. The sun had disappeared from the sky and the ship was quiet without it's leader. She no longer had the map and the medallion but never got to see the third unread page. No one knew what was next. The map was marked but no exact location was told. They were fishing in pitch black for a hidden mystery.

She sat up and looked out of her locked window. Despite the deal, she still felt like a prisoner. Something was definitely out of place. She didn't know anything that was going on in Sais. She sat back in bed after realizing the ship was still moving. For the first time, she was scared. The feeling of loneliness was getting to her. The fear made it hard to sleep.

She closed her eyes and kept reminding herself that the two were still alive and well.

A rude awakening had come. The door was open and she was pulled out of bed. The soldier looked her in the eye "Mr. Lynch will be arriving shortly. We feel we're on the mark. You need to dive."

She was hardly awake to take in the news. "I... I thought lynch was with my partners" she stuttered.

"They were until they staged an escape. Word is, they stole a chopper and may be heading here soon."the man's radio buzzed. He answered and spoke something in Russian. "He's here."